Don't trust fedex estimated delivery!

1371 of 1650 Fedex Reviews
May 06, 2010

I order car parts online alot. IN the last year I have only received parts shipped fedex on 3 occasions. The first time their website tracking info said my package would arrive on a Saturday. I was pretty happy because I thought it was going to take until Monday. Well Saturday came and the website said it was on schedule, Saturday evening came and my package didn't arrive, on top of that the delivery date dissapeared and didn't reappear until Tuesday when it said it would be delivered that day. I thought it was a mistake, but it seems to be common practice at fedex.

Last week I ordered some more parts and they were shipped fedex. Three packages were scheduled to be delivered on Saturday which sounded great, just a few days after I ordered! So I stayed home Saturday waiting for the packages, and no packages were delivered. The delivery date dissapeared yet it was still on schedule... And then Monday evening a new delivery date for wedensday was set. Well at least those packages came on wed. This recent order was to come in two parts. The second part was shipped two days after the first (Friday 30th) it immediatly had a delivery date for the 5th (today) and surely enough my package wasn't delivered and the delivery date is gone.

I called fedex and spoke to a rep. I told him the situation and asked why it happened and when my package would arrive. He said he didn't know and that my package would be here tomorrow. I guess we will see about that!

Moral of the story is that if you want to track your packages don't bother with fedex, and most importantly don't trust their delivery date.

I will be trying to get my money back and avoid fedex at all cost in the future.

6125c02
Review #181048
1.5
I had the same issue 10
Had an experience with Fedex?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
Walker 116

Jul 16 Los Angeles, California

Yes can you believe I paid $30 for the next day delivery and I stayed at home waiting for it. I tracked it online saying it would be delivered by today 8pm but nothing happened.I tried to call someone for help but nothing seems helpful

Maverick

Jul 16 West Palm Beach, Florida

FedEx is worse for shippers!! They seem to be the only company in the business that can't give an accurate estimate on what it costs to ship something. I go online and use their estimators, put in exact dimensions and weight, print out a shipping label, and then a week later after it reaches it's destination the price charged to my card can vary from 2-20 dollars more than the estimate!! Last package I sent was something I sold on Ebay, after undisclosed rate changes and surcharges it was 16 dollars more than the estimate! That was half my profit on the item!! I was pissed and called FedEx. Well, they gave me a one time credit but assured me there's no way to get an exact estimate using their tools. They passed me from person to person trying to get me set up on the right tools and by the fourth person I was "accidentally" disconnected.
Wait... let me get this.... you know the exact information regarding the package... address, destination, weight, size etc. but you can't tell me exactly how much it costs to ship it? USPS and UPS don't seem to have this problem. It's a shame because the service is good, but can't afford to lose money on everything I ship.

0 0 Reply
fed ex costing me an arm and a

Jul 09

i HATE fed ex my package was supposed to be here july 2nd so i stayed home waiting didnt come customer service said july 7th wasnt here again called customer service said it would be here the 8th still not here then called again told me the 9th still not here there is a direct signature required so i gotta keep missing work and they dont even show up well supposedly they will be here tomorrow lost 600 dollars in wages I AM DONE WITH THE LIARS thats ok the laughs on them i got buyer protection from ebay they are refunding my shipping looks like fed ex is 100 dollars in the hole

Hannah

Jul 08

This always happens with FedEx. Wish I had the option to change who delivers my packages. I have great service with UPS and their delivery estimate, but this is the second time I wait for a delivery and did not arrive on estimated time. Their *** alerts don't even let you know that has changed.

Alpha J

Apr 07

I agree to the fullest degree! FEDEX IS HORRIBLE!! My package was out for delivery Saturday 8am after a solid day of waste it still states out for delivery and now displays N/A for current delivery status! I have to pick it up at a facility because they have no idea when I'll be recieving it. I refuse to allow these unorganized unprofessional "workers" handle my personals and get away with such lack.

1 1 Reply

Dec 24, 2013

Paid for 3 day guaranteed shipping. Package is has been at the sort facility in my town since Saturday (due in my hands Friday). It's Tuesday still nothing. Of the 21 packages I have had sent to my house in two weeks, UPS and USPS 100% on time. FEDEX 100% late by days.

1 0 Reply

Dec 23, 2013

This exact same thing just happened to me. FedEx is a bunch of liars. Stay away from them if possible.

annoyed

Nov 12, 2013 Phoenix, Arizona

This exact same thing literally just happened to me over the weekend. Estimated delivery: Saturday. Saturday comes, no package. Around 5PM, the estimated delivery date disappears. I call them up and they said it's not going to get here until Tuesday.

UPS doesn't pull this ***. If it has an estimated delivery, you can guarantee it's going to get there by then.

Say No To Fedex

Sep 18, 2013 Dallas, Texas

Peaches I cannot express the depths of how wrong you are. I live in Texas and have all my life (minus 4 years of college) and FEDEX is horrible. Whether it's lying about coming to the door or delivering on time, they fail almost every.single.time.

peaches

Jun 29, 2013

I do not know what the problem is with other states getting their Fedex packages,But here in Texas Fedex is alway's on time,Never late,Never unprofessional,Right on time.When they say they will deliver they are their.Maybe you can go and Pick your own package's up at your nearest Fedex Office.

Nate

Aug 21, 2013 Dallas, Texas

Not for me I ordered my package last monday from Illinois it said it would be here the upcoming saturday i waited on that saturday and no shipment came then the date went to N/A its now the wednsday after and still no package or estimated delivery date this is my first time using fedex and I already want to stick with UPS.

RainbowsandLollipops

Sep 17, 2013 Angleton, Texas

Bill dear, I'm sure you thought your comment would be taken as profound and the one voice of reason in a sea of complaints but it's obvious you know nothing of what you speak. Retailers like Amazon don't give you the option to pick what company they decide to hire to ship their packages. In fact, I can't think of any online retailer that lets the customer pick what company they use. The only thing we can choose is the method of delivery (standard, 2-day, overnight).

The "regular" FedEx service has a pretty good track record of having reliable and correct tracking info. In my experience, they also deliver packages when they at they will. FedEx Smartpost on the other hand does not. Their tracking system is unreliable and, at best, sketchy. The estimated delivery date changes for no apparent reason - usually the day before the initial estimated date. I've been waiting for a package since last week. All week long my estimated delivery date was September 17. FedEx even sent me an email yesterday to inform me that my package is in transit from Houston. I checked the tracking today and the date has been changed to September 18. I live less than 50 miles from Houston. It doesn't take three days to drive 45 miles.

FedEx Smartpost has a terrible reputation for pulling this stunt. They're also notorious for claiming a package is delivered when it merely is delivered to your local post office. The bottom line here is that customers aren't given the luxury to
... Show more

May 31

Just want to give a heads up on one online retailer that lets you choose. Sweetwater Music. You can choose UPS or FEDEX at checkout. I just discovered this today and was surprised as I had never seen anyone offer the choice before.

they stink

Jan 22, 2013 Hamden, Connecticut

UPS is much better .. Fed EX takes no care in your package. I have had things broken too many time using them..

Maverick Menthol

Jan 22, 2013 Battle Creek, Michigan

Well... can't say quite the same. I normally don't order Fedex, but on this occasion I had to and the estimated delivery date was Wednesday the 23rd (expecting 2 packages) and so far I've already received my first package 1 day early (22nd). So I can't say the 2nd package will be here tomorrow or the next day, but hey, the early package kind of makes up for it even if it's a day late.

simon

Dec 06, 2012 Warsaw, Mazowieckie

A friend of mine send a package to me on 24 november and d delivery date is 2day 6december but I did not receive any package.what is paining me is dat since d person have send d item fedex did not update d date or d shipping movement pls I just dnt kno wat happen can some1 help me out wit dis.my email is simonsalako@yahoo.com..number +2348096817881

0 1 Reply
John

Sep 09, 2012

Can't they tell me whether it will not be delivered today or tomorrow with high accuracy? I don't need them to predict it five days in advance, but it'd be nice to know not to stay home waiting, because it is still in Connecticut or someplace.

jbreiner

Sep 06, 2012

Same story. On three occassions this year I was expecting parts deliveries based on FedEx communications telling the package was on the truck and would be delivered X day. I sat around the house all day and as I should have expected they never showed. I've had it with them. Nothing mission critical goes FedEx as far as I'm concerned. The personal stuff really gets to me more than the business stuff. They really need to get their act together. BTW, sold all my FedEx stock. My personal experiences are usually good indicators of a business future.

Showing 1-20 of 49 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Fedex.
Filing a new complaint about
×