Don't trust fedex estimated delivery!

1928 of 2209 Fedex Reviews

I order car parts online alot. IN the last year I have only received parts shipped fedex on 3 occasions. The first time their website tracking info said my package would arrive on a Saturday. I was pretty happy because I thought it was going to take until Monday. Well Saturday came and the website said it was on schedule, Saturday evening came and my package didn't arrive, on top of that the delivery date dissapeared and didn't reappear until Tuesday when it said it would be delivered that day. I thought it was a mistake, but it seems to be common practice at fedex.

Last week I ordered some more parts and they were shipped fedex. Three packages were scheduled to be delivered on Saturday which sounded great, just a few days after I ordered! So I stayed home Saturday waiting for the packages, and no packages were delivered. The delivery date dissapeared yet it was still on schedule... And then Monday evening a new delivery date for wedensday was set. Well at least those packages came on wed. This recent order was to come in two parts. The second part was shipped two days after the first (Friday 30th) it immediatly had a delivery date for the 5th (today) and surely enough my package wasn't delivered and the delivery date is gone.

I called fedex and spoke to a rep. I told him the situation and asked why it happened and when my package would arrive. He said he didn't know and that my package would be here tomorrow. I guess we will see about that!

Moral of the story is that if you want to track your packages don't bother with fedex, and most importantly don't trust their delivery date.

I will be trying to get my money back and avoid fedex at all cost in the future.

review #181048
100 70 Helpful?
Had the same issue50 Comments54
Had an experience with Fedex?  Submit review about this company
1928 of 2209 Fedex Reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 29 #977946

I had ordered a Item from Walmart.com, The item was shipped Via FED-EX, the Item was 2 days Late and I even paid for 1 day shipping. Come to find out the Item was damaged so I had to return the Item back to walmart.
I reordered the same Item the same day I returned the damaged one, it said all day yesterday that it was going to arrive today. So I had arranged for my sister to be at the house to pick it up.
Woke up this morning and to my disbelief, it was still at the same location (for over 24 hours) and the delivery date was changed to tomorrow (mind it's sitting at a facility that is about a 5 hour drive away)

Summer 01

Jan 29 #938519 Channahon, Illinois

This has happened to us on 4 different occasions. Whenever Fed Ex is involved in the shipping process you can guarantee it won't be on time. It happened again today, original ship date said 1/29 then 1/30 now it says no estimated delivery date available. I wish I had a choice when purchasing online as to who ships my items, it sure wouldn't be Fed Ex. If I worked like this I wouldn't be employed.

6 1 Reply
fedexcantdeliver

Jan 28 #937583

Fedex blows my package was supposely to arrive last Saturday but than it change to the
No estimated delivery date available at this time message.

1 0 Reply
Dessu

Jan 29 #938150

The same thing happened to me. When I call for clarification they seem to know nothing. Worse, they don't even bother to respond an E-mail complaint. This never happened to me with DHL. For me this is the worst and most disrespectful shipping company I have ever experienced. I regret to choose FedeEx but I learned my lesson will advise others to not fall in the same *** as we are here

Dec 20, 2014 #918887

I am *** PISSED! My package was supposed to arrive TODAY and I stayed home all day to wait for it but it never came. Then, when I went back to check the estimated delivery date, it says TUESDAY, DECEMBER 23. I *** hate FedEx and will never use this company again! This makes no *** sense!

3 0 Reply
Walker 116

Jul 16, 2014 #841705 Los Angeles, California

Yes can you believe I paid $30 for the next day delivery and I stayed at home waiting for it. I tracked it online saying it would be delivered by today 8pm but nothing happened.I tried to call someone for help but nothing seems helpful

6 0 Reply
Maverick

Jul 16, 2014 #841527 West Palm Beach, Florida

FedEx is worse for shippers!! They seem to be the only company in the business that can't give an accurate estimate on what it costs to ship something. I go online and use their estimators, put in exact dimensions and weight, print out a shipping label, and then a week later after it reaches it's destination the price charged to my card can vary from 2-20 dollars more than the estimate!! Last package I sent was something I sold on Ebay, after undisclosed rate changes and surcharges it was 16 dollars more than the estimate! That was half my profit on the item!! I was pissed and called FedEx. Well, they gave me a one time credit but assured me there's no way to get an exact estimate using their tools. They passed me from person to person trying to get me set up on the right tools and by the fourth person I was "accidentally" disconnected.
Wait... let me get this.... you know the exact information regarding the package... address, destination, weight, size etc. but you can't tell me exactly how much it costs to ship it? USPS and UPS don't seem to have this problem. It's a shame because the service is good, but can't afford to lose money on everything I ship.

2 1 Reply
fed ex costing me an arm and a

Jul 09, 2014 #838069

i HATE fed ex my package was supposed to be here july 2nd so i stayed home waiting didnt come customer service said july 7th wasnt here again called customer service said it would be here the 8th still not here then called again told me the 9th still not here there is a direct signature required so i gotta keep missing work and they dont even show up well supposedly they will be here tomorrow lost 600 dollars in wages I AM DONE WITH THE LIARS thats ok the laughs on them i got buyer protection from ebay they are refunding my shipping looks like fed ex is 100 dollars in the hole

3 1 Reply
Hannah

Jul 08, 2014 #837775

This always happens with FedEx. Wish I had the option to change who delivers my packages. I have great service with UPS and their delivery estimate, but this is the second time I wait for a delivery and did not arrive on estimated time. Their *** alerts don't even let you know that has changed.

8 3 Reply
Alpha J

Apr 07, 2014 #802824

I agree to the fullest degree! FEDEX IS HORRIBLE!! My package was out for delivery Saturday 8am after a solid day of waste it still states out for delivery and now displays N/A for current delivery status! I have to pick it up at a facility because they have no idea when I'll be recieving it. I refuse to allow these unorganized unprofessional "workers" handle my personals and get away with such lack.

6 3 Reply

Dec 24, 2013 #763325

Paid for 3 day guaranteed shipping. Package is has been at the sort facility in my town since Saturday (due in my hands Friday). It's Tuesday still nothing. Of the 21 packages I have had sent to my house in two weeks, UPS and USPS 100% on time. FEDEX 100% late by days.

3 1 Reply
Walker 116

Jul 17, 2014 #841709 Los Angeles, California

And I am here only for traveling...I am totally *** up

1 1 Reply

Dec 23, 2013 #762906

This exact same thing just happened to me. FedEx is a bunch of liars. Stay away from them if possible.

annoyed

Nov 12, 2013 #741345 Phoenix, Arizona

This exact same thing literally just happened to me over the weekend. Estimated delivery: Saturday. Saturday comes, no package. Around 5PM, the estimated delivery date disappears. I call them up and they said it's not going to get here until Tuesday.

UPS doesn't pull this ***. If it has an estimated delivery, you can guarantee it's going to get there by then.

Say No To Fedex

Sep 18, 2013 #718450 Dallas, Texas

Peaches I cannot express the depths of how wrong you are. I live in Texas and have all my life (minus 4 years of college) and FEDEX is horrible. Whether it's lying about coming to the door or delivering on time, they fail almost every.single.time.

0 2 Reply
peaches

Jun 29, 2013 #671343

I do not know what the problem is with other states getting their Fedex packages,But here in Texas Fedex is alway's on time,Never late,Never unprofessional,Right on time.When they say they will deliver they are their.Maybe you can go and Pick your own package's up at your nearest Fedex Office.

Nate

Aug 21, 2013 #703987 Dallas, Texas

Not for me I ordered my package last monday from Illinois it said it would be here the upcoming saturday i waited on that saturday and no shipment came then the date went to N/A its now the wednsday after and still no package or estimated delivery date this is my first time using fedex and I already want to stick with UPS.

bill

Jun 29, 2013 #671325 Salt Lake City, Utah

Ummmm choose a different delivery system if the companu doesent have it request it :sigh :x

0 2 Reply
RainbowsandLollipops

Sep 17, 2013 #717947 Angleton, Texas

Bill dear, I'm sure you thought your comment would be taken as profound and the one voice of reason in a sea of complaints but it's obvious you know nothing of what you speak. Retailers like Amazon don't give you the option to pick what company they decide to hire to ship their packages. In fact, I can't think of any online retailer that lets the customer pick what company they use. The only thing we can choose is the method of delivery (standard, 2-day, overnight).

The "regular" FedEx service has a pretty good track record of having reliable and correct tracking info. In my experience, they also deliver packages when they at they will. FedEx Smartpost on the other hand does not. Their tracking system is unreliable and, at best, sketchy. The estimated delivery date changes for no apparent reason - usually the day before the initial estimated date. I've been waiting for a package since last week. All week long my estimated delivery date was September 17. FedEx even sent me an email yesterday to inform me that my package is in transit from Houston. I checked the tracking today and the date has been changed to September 18. I live less than 50 miles from Houston. It doesn't take three days to drive 45 miles.

FedEx Smartpost has a terrible reputation for pulling this stunt. They're also notorious for claiming a package is delivered when it merely is delivered to your local post office. The bottom line here is that customers aren't given the luxury to
... Show more

May 31, 2014 #822240

Just want to give a heads up on one online retailer that lets you choose. Sweetwater Music. You can choose UPS or FEDEX at checkout. I just discovered this today and was surprised as I had never seen anyone offer the choice before.

3 0 Reply

1-20 of 54 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Fedex.
Filing a new complaint about
×