FedEx Smartpost? More like Stupidpost!

2262 of 2290 Fedex Reviews

I'm amongst many who have made the mistake of having an item shipped by FedEx smartpost. I did a little research, and it turns out FedEx bought out a small third-party company called Smartpost a while back and are using this service without letting you know in advance. I mean, I ordered something online and it said it would ship via FedEx, so I bought it thinking I'd have tracking and it would be here in a few days. WRONG!! The company takes its time with putting the order in first off. Telling me that they couldn't get the information sent to FedEx. I placed the order on the 18th of February. It shipped February 22nd. I check up on the tracking...and it says it arrived here in Denver on the 25th, which is normal. So I figure I would wait a day or so for delivery. It is now March 3rd and nothing. It turns out that this Smartpost or rather Stupidpost is where FedEx sends the item to USPS, then USPS delivers it to you. I contact both FedEx and USPS and they have no idea where the packages are. USPS goes on further to tell me that I have more information than they even do. This is what the FedEx Stupidpost says as far as tracking goes. At home expected delivery was supposed to be on the 28th:

02/28/2008

February 25, 2008 3:24 AM Sortation Center Arrival DENVER, CO

February 23, 2008 8:48 AM Sortation Center Departure GROVE CITY, OH

February 22, 2008 12:49 PM Sortation Center Arrival GROVE CITY, OH

February 22, 2008 7:00 AM Pickup LEETSDALE, PA

Conclusion...use another service. I use DHL quite a bit and have had ZERO problems with them. Even UPS has been good to me. Both internationally and domestically. NEVER NEVER use Smartpost by FedEx...unless you're fond of speaking with FedEx customer service and like being a hot potato which every representative wants to get out of their hands...just being passed on from person-to-person.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 22 Yes 22
2262 of 2290 Fedex Reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 23 #1023588

We live in northern Sonoma County, Ca. in a development called The Sea Ranch. The ZIP code for our development is 95497, and deliveries by FedEx and UPS come to our door. The USPS does not deliver to residential addresses in our development. We have a PO box at the nearest US Post Office, but it is in Gualala, Mendocino County, CA 95445. When there is a "hand-off" to the USPS, the package inevitably goes to a contract station, covering 95497, where there are PO boxes, but not ours. We used to get a phone call from the contract station to pick up any packages, but their policy has changed, and they will not call or take calls from non box holders. We chose Gualala, to the North, for our PO Box, since it has an actual Post Office, and it also has two supermarkets, gasoline, etc.
Now if we expect a package, we have to physically visit the contract station twice per week to prevent having the item returned as undeliverable. This is 10 miles round-trip away from home, to the South, just to check on a package. Amazon refunds purchase and shipping costs for undeliverable items, but many shippers do not. Items which are not time-sensitive can be re-ordered, but who needs this hassle?

anonymous

Aug 13 #1018868 Brighton, Michigan

happened to me just recently. item was received in pieces and in all my 9-1/2 years plus on ebay using USPS, I've never had this problem and I package well. I will never use them again.

Jun 25 #999325

I've had the same experience, never heard about Smartpost until having it. I avoid USPS because of past bad experiences, and use Fedex whenever possible. USPS throws packages, post office people are rude, etc. Was told by a store in Cal. that a package would be coming to me via Fedex. I got tracking for Fedex. When the package finally got to my state, tracking updated to say that it was coming by Smartpost and would be given to the USPS for actual delivery. No mention was made about Smartpost UNTIL it got to my state. This is deceptive, false advertising, because I was made to believe that this was a Fedex DELIVERY. Fedex needs to be up front about Smartpost in its information.

Jun 10 #993226 Cambridge, Massachusetts

I just had my first experience of Fedex Smartpost delivery through eBay being damaged and there is no available information about filing a claim for the damaged contents. It is NOT fair that claim information is hidden and not readily available, even with the bad service. THIS CALLS FOR A CLASS ACTION AGAINST EBAY AND FEDEX FOR MAL PRACTICE and DECEPTION OF ITS CUSTOMERS!!!

Jun 01 #990439

I agree... additionally, FedEx won't let you re-rout and hold the package at a FedEx location. I wish retailers would abandon FedEx "smartpost"

pissed off customer

Feb 05 #941604 Rio Rancho, New Mexico

This service is worse than snail mail its the slowest shipment that i haven't received

Doug

Jan 21 #934108 Denver, Colorado

Took 25 hours for them to deliver to the Longmont post office. Wonder if the walked it there? It also sat around for a day and a half. I will make sure if it is in my power to never use this part of FedEx again.
January 21, 2015 , 7:30 am
Arrived at Post Office
LONGMONT, CO 80501
Date/Time
Activity 1/20/2015 - Tuesday 6:12 am In transit LONGMONT, CO In transit to U.S. Postal Service 5:30 am Shipment information sent to U.S. Postal Service 3:18 am Departed FedEx location FEDEX SMARTPOST DENVER, CO 1/18/2015 - Sunday 8:36 pm Arrived at FedEx location FEDEX SMARTPOST DENVER, CO 1/16/2015 - Friday 3:01 pm In transit LA VERKIN, UT 12:52 am Departed FedEx location FEDEX SMARTPOST LOS ANGELES, CA 1/15/2015 - Thursday 9:52 pm Arrived at FedEx location FEDEX SMARTPOST LOS ANGELES, CA 2:59 pm Shipment information sent to FedEx

I rate

Jan 19 #933111 Vero Beach, Florida

Hey FedEx, if we wanted our packages lost, we could have sent them USPS ourselves. We didn't need to pay you to give them to the Post Office.

3 0 Reply
I rate

Jan 19 #933102 Vero Beach, Florida

I ordered a package from Cleveland Golf on Dec. 28th. They said it was going to be shipped Fedex, I said great. Here it is Jan. 19 and still no package. Tracking stopped on Jan. 14 after being handed over to Smartpost on Jan. 4, 2015. They tracked it for 10 days now nobody seems to know where it is. That is the last time FedEx is going to ship a package for me. If a retailer is using Fedex SmartPost, I'll buy it someplace else.

rural dweller

Oct 30, 2014 #893079

How about companies that will not ship to you at all if a P.O. box number is in the address, and then they turn around and use smart post? They don't tell you they are going to use smart post, so when you give them a street address, what is the post office going to do with the package? Send it back to the shipper! Now that's service?!!!

esmith_longbeach

Jul 14, 2014 #840611 Long Beach, California

one of the worse service is the fedex smart post. first they come to my office on Saturday which we are always closed. then the tracking number said that its a local usps office to pick up. Spend 30 min at the post office and was told they need the converted number. Called Fedex 4 times and was told that there system is down. Finally when system was up i was told that they do not have the converted number and need to get it from the shipper. US post can't help me, FEDEX cant help me stuck with the packing somewhere in *** land.

Sandy

Jan 17, 2014 #774937

Companies should tell you if they are going to deliver by *** post. I placed an order at keurig and I had the choice of 7-10 with FedEx or 2-3 for $15 more with ups. I had no rush so I went with the fedex option. 2 days later I get a fedex tracking number. 3 days later I get an alert that my package is now in the hands of usps. I call Fedex and get told that my package was shipped by FedEx smart post by the sender (keurig) but they claim I can still track my package. 3 days later I get an alert that my package has been delivered. Must of ordered invisible k cups in an invisible box. Now Keurig says they will only help me track my package but won't refund me. FedEx says the package was delivered and to call usps. USPS says the tracking number doesn't work in their system. :(

Zorba

Jan 28, 2014 #779354

Your complaint is with the shipper, not the carrier.

1 1 Reply
unhappy customer

Jan 07, 2014 #769704 Brooklyn, New York

More like retardedpost Idiotpost this is what you get when this company contracts out to a company manage by cavemen.... unbelievable with all the technology we have. Non professional no good lazy bunch of BUMS...

juiceman87a8

Jan 02, 2014 #767483

ordered 12/26 from Bobs Stores
Made it's way to AZ pretty quickly, now it's no where.
12/31 12.50Pm Departed FedEx Location Phoenix

I had no idea what Smartpost was until I looked it up. I figured it was a cheap way of shipping.

Good job Bobs!

Even though I could have probably walked and picked it up on New years eve, I bet I won't see it until mid-next week if it has to go through USPS sorting.

Oh well, good thing nothing ordered was important. Again it got here quick, now it's hiding, even w/the holiday before and during.

incompetence abounds

Jan 01, 2014 #766740

Fed Ex smart post isn't a very smart operation. my pkg, was nearly at my door, maybe 2 hours away, then they turn around and send it to CT. wtf is up with that? It went from PA. to NJ, to Mass. then BACK to Ct..now it wont be here till SATURDAY? wth? I will NEVER use fed ex 'smart' post for anything. useless operation they have going there. If I am ordering something and it says shipped via FED Ex smart post, I will order from elsewhere.. NEVER again will I deal with this type of lunacy

Smart

Sep 28, 2014 #876530 Olathe, Kansas

I work for Fedex Smartpost and I believe the reason that there is so many problems is because they hire 95% international people that can't speak English!!! in there inside warehouses at least at the warehouse that I work for.

2 0 Reply
deliver here or not at all

Nov 23, 2013 #746560

ditto on the StupidPost! The FedEx driver has to pass my business location to get to the local PO, which does not deliver mail in this small town. Extremely frustrating to get 2 packages from the same company on the same day, one is left here and the other I need to drive to pick up, no more of that is tolerated here! When placing orders with new suppliers I ask how they ship and will refuse to order from any company that will not use reliable and 'direct to the door' shipping!
If our federal PO system is going belly up why does FedEx and UPS try to sustain them? Give it up and let them go, I have

Block

Jan 28, 2014 #779355

0 1 Reply
small MT town with NO USPS del

Sep 13, 2014 #869496

"You must have specified that one was to be delivered to the PO. They didn't make that address up."
You are wrong about that! I, also, live in a small town with NO mail delivery. Any USPS customer has NO choice but to drive to the local PO and pick up their mail, whatever it may be. My FedEx driver also has to pass my business (as well as my home down the block) to get to the local PO and drop a parcel which waits for me to drive there and pick it up.
If a person orders 2 items from a large company most times the items will be shipped directly from the manufacturer or supplier. I also have had that same thing happen when 2 items ordered from the same company in the same order are shipped 2 different ways, one way actually gets delivered to me, and the other must be 'delivered' to the local PO.
And, exactly like 'deliver here or not at all' I have started questioning the companies I order from and if they do not use a reliable shipping method (without upcharging for the privilege) I refuse to do business with them and am glad to explain that decision.
Hopefully very soon all business will realize what a horrible idea this was and continue with trusted methods

1-20 of 253 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.