• show-popup

Shares 0

FedEx Smartpost? More like Stupidpost!

Company Fedex
Product / Service Smartpost
Location Denver, Colorado
Category Shipping
Views 3474
Monetary Loss

I'm amongst many who have made the mistake of having an item shipped by FedEx smartpost. I did a little research, and it turns out FedEx bought out a small third-party company called Smartpost a while back and are using this service without letting you know in advance. I mean, I ordered something online and it said it would ship via FedEx, so I bought it thinking I'd have tracking and it would be here in a few days. WRONG!! The company takes its time with putting the order in first off. Telling me that they couldn't get the information sent to FedEx. I placed the order on the 18th of February. It shipped February 22nd. I check up on the tracking...and it says it arrived here in Denver on the 25th, which is normal. So I figure I would wait a day or so for delivery. It is now March 3rd and nothing. It turns out that this Smartpost or rather Stupidpost is where FedEx sends the item to USPS, then USPS delivers it to you. I contact both FedEx and USPS and they have no idea where the packages are. USPS goes on further to tell me that I have more information than they even do. This is what the FedEx Stupidpost says as far as tracking goes. At home expected delivery was supposed to be on the 28th:

02/28/2008
February 25, 2008 3:24 AM Sortation Center Arrival DENVER, CO
February 23, 2008 8:48 AM Sortation Center Departure GROVE CITY, OH
February 22, 2008 12:49 PM Sortation Center Arrival GROVE CITY, OH
February 22, 2008 7:00 AM Pickup LEETSDALE, PA

Conclusion...use another service. I use DHL quite a bit and have had ZERO problems with them. Even UPS has been good to me. Both internationally and domestically. NEVER NEVER use Smartpost by FedEx...unless you're fond of speaking with FedEx customer service and like being a hot potato which every representative wants to get out of their hands...just being passed on from person-to-person.
306d2be

Comments (239) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 239 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Jan 17
Companies should tell you if they are going to deliver by *** post. I placed an order at keurig and I had the choice of 7-10 with FedEx or 2-3 for $15 more with ups. I had no rush so I went with the fedex option. 2 days later I get a fedex tracking number. 3 days later I get an alert that my package is now in the hands of usps. I call Fedex and get told that my package was shipped by FedEx smart post by the sender (keurig) but they claim I can still track my package. 3 days later I get an alert that my package has been delivered. Must of ordered invisible k cups in an invisible box. Now Keurig says they will only help me track my package but won't refund me. FedEx says the package was delivered and to call usps. USPS says the tracking number doesn't work in their system. :(
Reply to Sandy

Jan 28
Your complaint is with the shipper, not the carrier.
Reply to Zorba

Jan 07  from Brooklyn, New York
More like retardedpost Idiotpost this is what you get when this company contracts out to a company manage by cavemen.... unbelievable with all the technology we have. Non professional no good lazy bunch of BUMS...
Reply to unhappy customer

Jan 02
ordered 12/26 from Bobs Stores
Made it's way to AZ pretty quickly, now it's no where.
12/31 12.50Pm Departed FedEx Location Phoenix

I had no idea what Smartpost was until I looked it up. I figured it was a cheap way of shipping.

Good job Bobs!

Even though I could have probably walked and picked it up on New years eve, I bet I won't see it until mid-next week if it has to go through USPS sorting.

Oh well, good thing nothing ordered was important. Again it got here quick, now it's hiding, even w/the holiday before and during.
Reply to juiceman87a8

Jan 01
Fed Ex smart post isn't a very smart operation. my pkg, was nearly at my door, maybe 2 hours away, then they turn around and send it to CT. wtf is up with that? It went from PA. to NJ, to Mass. then BACK to Ct..now it wont be here till SATURDAY? wth? I will NEVER use fed ex 'smart' post for anything. useless operation they have going there. If I am ordering something and it says shipped via FED Ex smart post, I will order from elsewhere.. NEVER again will I deal with this type of lunacy
Reply to incompetence abounds

Nov 23, 2013
ditto on the StupidPost! The FedEx driver has to pass my business location to get to the local PO, which does not deliver mail in this small town. Extremely frustrating to get 2 packages from the same company on the same day, one is left here and the other I need to drive to pick up, no more of that is tolerated here! When placing orders with new suppliers I ask how they ship and will refuse to order from any company that will not use reliable and 'direct to the door' shipping!
If our federal PO system is going belly up why does FedEx and UPS try to sustain them? Give it up and let them go, I have
Reply to deliver here or not at all

Jan 28
You must have specified that one was to be delivered to the PO. They didn't make that address up.
Reply to Block

Sep 23, 2013
I thought it was just me.

A couple of times I've ordered items and was notified that the item shipped via FedEx. After waiting an inordinate amount of time for the delivery, I contacted FedEx to find out where my shipment was, only then to learn that they dumped it off to the USPS.

That is a special pain for me since I live in a rural area where the USPS does not deliver to my house. All of the houses here have to use mail boxes located in groups on the adjacent street. Not a big deal to walk to the mailbox to get the mail. However, with Smartpost, the USPS DOES NOT DELIVER ANY PACKAGE TO THE HOUSE - you have to drive into town and go to the PO to pick up your package.

I might also add that none of the vendors I've ordered from who used Smartpost ever noted that they were using this service. If I had known, I would have selected another shipping option! 8)
Reply to wicked

Sep 16, 2013  from Knoxville, Tennessee
Package arrived in Knoxville TN at 6:51AM on September 12, 2013.
FedEx Smartpost tracking showed it out for delivery on 9-12. It did not arrive.
FedEx Smartpost tracking showed it out for delivery on 9-13. It did not arrive.

FedEx Smartpost tracking showed it out for delivery on 9-14. It did not arrive.

USPS carrier said he was unaware of Fed Ex sending packages to USPS for delivery.

FEDEX DUMBPOST!!!!!
Reply to UNHAPPY WITH AMAZON AND FED EX

Nov 14, 2013
If you receive tracking saying "out for delivery", that is a tracking event published by the USPS, meaning Fedex has already made the hand off to the USPS. If you're package was not delivered, blame your USPS carrier.
Reply to Anonymous

Aug 14, 2013  from Houston, Texas
My package arrived in my hometown (Houston) on Sunday 8/11/2013.
It took 3 days for them to deliver to the US post office. (allow 1-2 days more for USPS delivery)
The service is ok but it looks like they make an extra effort to slow things down. I can order something from Zappos on Sunday and receive it on Monday,for free. I'll try and avoid this FedX "smart" shipping in the future because they are *** not to deliver packages earlier than their commitments when it would be easy.
Reply to Kenk

Jul 26, 2013  from Manitowoc, Wisconsin
you get what you pay for. smartpost was free for me. I could have got it one day sooner if I had payed $5.95. It was my choice to save the money and wait an extra day
Reply to Ruffie

Jun 28, 2013
Fedex smart post in aurora colorado is very ***!!! they never do anything they way designed to. the manager Mary dosch is a ugly bitter piece of *** no family but John ***!!!
Reply to fucku

Jan 28
With people like you around, I'm surprised anyone delivers to your house. You sound like an absolute ***.
Reply to Persuader

May 13, 2013  from Boston, Massachusetts
I was reading some of the posts. What I don't understand how people order online or phone and never check to see how the package is being shiped and when will it arrive. Ordered something last week, was ship by fedex on Monday and was delivered on Sat by the USPS. I was told it would take 8 to 10 days, which was fine, it took 6. I ship by Fedex all the time and really never had a problem.
Reply to Irishd

May 17, 2013
I was asked to use this service by my FedEx Rep I shipped something one town over and it took 9 days
Reply to Faithful FedEx

Sep 28, 2013
What do all you dumba?? expect for the price. Was designed for one price up to 70lbs via ground shipping. meaning they ship it state to state by truck not airplane and it takes time to drive! If you want you sh-t sooner pay for over-night!!!!!
Reply to agravated

Mar 07, 2013
I live in Delaware. I ordered some items from New Egg and they shipped out of Jersey via what they called Eggsaver shipping. Low and behold it is Fedex Smartpost. I have watched the package leave Jersey, go to PA., then to West VA. Normally all packages coming out of Jersey take 1 day to Delaware. I don't feel all warm and fuzzy knowing sensitive computer parts are being bounced around 4 different states at least before it comes back to Delaware.
Reply to Killer

Read next Fedex complaint

Tampered

Ref#858518718920-ABRAHAM DELA CRUZ,mobile#-+639158455409,sender Myrna Fowler. Fedex called me & said the package is tampered,mobile is missing...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Fedex.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug