Fedex - FedEx Smartpost? More like Stupidpost!

1683 of 1707 Fedex Reviews
Mar 03, 2008
review #114433

I'm amongst many who have made the mistake of having an item shipped by FedEx smartpost. I did a little research, and it turns out FedEx bought out a small third-party company called Smartpost a while back and are using this service without letting you know in advance. I mean, I ordered something online and it said it would ship via FedEx, so I bought it thinking I'd have tracking and it would be here in a few days. WRONG!! The company takes its time with putting the order in first off. Telling me that they couldn't get the information sent to FedEx. I placed the order on the 18th of February. It shipped February 22nd. I check up on the tracking...and it says it arrived here in Denver on the 25th, which is normal. So I figure I would wait a day or so for delivery. It is now March 3rd and nothing. It turns out that this Smartpost or rather Stupidpost is where FedEx sends the item to USPS, then USPS delivers it to you. I contact both FedEx and USPS and they have no idea where the packages are. USPS goes on further to tell me that I have more information than they even do. This is what the FedEx Stupidpost says as far as tracking goes. At home expected delivery was supposed to be on the 28th:

02/28/2008

February 25, 2008 3:24 AM Sortation Center Arrival DENVER, CO

February 23, 2008 8:48 AM Sortation Center Departure GROVE CITY, OH

February 22, 2008 12:49 PM Sortation Center Arrival GROVE CITY, OH

February 22, 2008 7:00 AM Pickup LEETSDALE, PA

Conclusion...use another service. I use DHL quite a bit and have had ZERO problems with them. Even UPS has been good to me. Both internationally and domestically. NEVER NEVER use Smartpost by FedEx...unless you're fond of speaking with FedEx customer service and like being a hot potato which every representative wants to get out of their hands...just being passed on from person-to-person.

7ed7eda
1.6
Had an experience with Fedex?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
1683 of 1707 Fedex Reviews
esmith_longbeach

Jul 14 Long Beach, California

one of the worse service is the fedex smart post. first they come to my office on Saturday which we are always closed. then the tracking number said that its a local usps office to pick up. Spend 30 min at the post office and was told they need the converted number. Called Fedex 4 times and was told that there system is down. Finally when system was up i was told that they do not have the converted number and need to get it from the shipper. US post can't help me, FEDEX cant help me stuck with the packing somewhere in *** land.

Sandy

Jan 17

Companies should tell you if they are going to deliver by *** post. I placed an order at keurig and I had the choice of 7-10 with FedEx or 2-3 for $15 more with ups. I had no rush so I went with the fedex option. 2 days later I get a fedex tracking number. 3 days later I get an alert that my package is now in the hands of usps. I call Fedex and get told that my package was shipped by FedEx smart post by the sender (keurig) but they claim I can still track my package. 3 days later I get an alert that my package has been delivered. Must of ordered invisible k cups in an invisible box. Now Keurig says they will only help me track my package but won't refund me. FedEx says the package was delivered and to call usps. USPS says the tracking number doesn't work in their system. :(

Zorba

Jan 28

Your complaint is with the shipper, not the carrier.

1 1 Reply
unhappy customer

Jan 07 Brooklyn, New York

More like retardedpost Idiotpost this is what you get when this company contracts out to a company manage by cavemen.... unbelievable with all the technology we have. Non professional no good lazy bunch of BUMS...

juiceman87a8

Jan 02

ordered 12/26 from Bobs Stores
Made it's way to AZ pretty quickly, now it's no where.
12/31 12.50Pm Departed FedEx Location Phoenix

I had no idea what Smartpost was until I looked it up. I figured it was a cheap way of shipping.

Good job Bobs!

Even though I could have probably walked and picked it up on New years eve, I bet I won't see it until mid-next week if it has to go through USPS sorting.

Oh well, good thing nothing ordered was important. Again it got here quick, now it's hiding, even w/the holiday before and during.

incompetence abounds

Jan 01

Fed Ex smart post isn't a very smart operation. my pkg, was nearly at my door, maybe 2 hours away, then they turn around and send it to CT. wtf is up with that? It went from PA. to NJ, to Mass. then BACK to Ct..now it wont be here till SATURDAY? wth? I will NEVER use fed ex 'smart' post for anything. useless operation they have going there. If I am ordering something and it says shipped via FED Ex smart post, I will order from elsewhere.. NEVER again will I deal with this type of lunacy

0 0 Reply
deliver here or not at all

Nov 23, 2013

ditto on the StupidPost! The FedEx driver has to pass my business location to get to the local PO, which does not deliver mail in this small town. Extremely frustrating to get 2 packages from the same company on the same day, one is left here and the other I need to drive to pick up, no more of that is tolerated here! When placing orders with new suppliers I ask how they ship and will refuse to order from any company that will not use reliable and 'direct to the door' shipping!
If our federal PO system is going belly up why does FedEx and UPS try to sustain them? Give it up and let them go, I have

Block

Jan 28

You must have specified that one was to be delivered to the PO. They didn't make that address up.

sportyclassic

Nov 19, 2013

UPS is great if you want your stuff damaged

wicked

Sep 23, 2013

I thought it was just me.

A couple of times I've ordered items and was notified that the item shipped via FedEx. After waiting an inordinate amount of time for the delivery, I contacted FedEx to find out where my shipment was, only then to learn that they dumped it off to the USPS.

That is a special pain for me since I live in a rural area where the USPS does not deliver to my house. All of the houses here have to use mail boxes located in groups on the adjacent street. Not a big deal to walk to the mailbox to get the mail. However, with Smartpost, the USPS DOES NOT DELIVER ANY PACKAGE TO THE HOUSE - you have to drive into town and go to the PO to pick up your package.

I might also add that none of the vendors I've ordered from who used Smartpost ever noted that they were using this service. If I had known, I would have selected another shipping option! 8)

UNHAPPY WITH AMAZON AND FED EX

Sep 16, 2013 Knoxville, Tennessee

Package arrived in Knoxville TN at 6:51AM on September 12, 2013.
FedEx Smartpost tracking showed it out for delivery on 9-12. It did not arrive.
FedEx Smartpost tracking showed it out for delivery on 9-13. It did not arrive.

FedEx Smartpost tracking showed it out for delivery on 9-14. It did not arrive.

USPS carrier said he was unaware of Fed Ex sending packages to USPS for delivery.

FEDEX DUMBPOST!!!!!

Nov 14, 2013

If you receive tracking saying "out for delivery", that is a tracking event published by the USPS, meaning Fedex has already made the hand off to the USPS. If you're package was not delivered, blame your USPS carrier.

Kenk

Aug 14, 2013 Houston, Texas

My package arrived in my hometown (Houston) on Sunday 8/11/2013.
It took 3 days for them to deliver to the US post office. (allow 1-2 days more for USPS delivery)
The service is ok but it looks like they make an extra effort to slow things down. I can order something from Zappos on Sunday and receive it on Monday,for free. I'll try and avoid this FedX "smart" shipping in the future because they are *** not to deliver packages earlier than their commitments when it would be easy.

Ruffie

Jul 26, 2013 Manitowoc, Wisconsin

you get what you pay for. smartpost was free for me. I could have got it one day sooner if I had payed $5.95. It was my choice to save the money and wait an extra day

fucku

Jun 28, 2013

Fedex smart post in aurora colorado is very ***!!! they never do anything they way designed to. the manager Mary dosch is a ugly bitter piece of *** no family but John ***!!!

Persuader

Jan 28

With people like you around, I'm surprised anyone delivers to your house. You sound like an absolute ***.

Irishd

May 13, 2013 Boston, Massachusetts

I was reading some of the posts. What I don't understand how people order online or phone and never check to see how the package is being shiped and when will it arrive. Ordered something last week, was ship by fedex on Monday and was delivered on Sat by the USPS. I was told it would take 8 to 10 days, which was fine, it took 6. I ship by Fedex all the time and really never had a problem.

Faithful FedEx

May 17, 2013

I was asked to use this service by my FedEx Rep I shipped something one town over and it took 9 days

agravated

Sep 28, 2013

What do all you dumba?? expect for the price. Was designed for one price up to 70lbs via ground shipping. meaning they ship it state to state by truck not airplane and it takes time to drive! If you want you sh-t sooner pay for over-night!!!!!

guest

Feb 13

Amazon won't tell you.

Showing 1-20 of 240 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Fedex.
Filing a new complaint about
×