FedEx Smartpost? More like Stupidpost!
I'm amongst many who have made the mistake of having an item shipped by FedEx smartpost. I did a little research, and it turns out FedEx bought out a small third-party company called Smartpost a while back and are using this service without letting you know in advance. I mean, I ordered something online and it said it would ship via FedEx, so I bought it thinking I'd have tracking and it would be here in a few days. WRONG!! The company takes its time with putting the order in first off. Telling me that they couldn't get the information sent to FedEx. I placed the order on the 18th of February. It shipped February 22nd. I check up on the tracking...and it says it arrived here in Denver on the 25th, which is normal. So I figure I would wait a day or so for delivery. It is now March 3rd and nothing. It turns out that this Smartpost or rather Stupidpost is where FedEx sends the item to USPS, then USPS delivers it to you. I contact both FedEx and USPS and they have no idea where the packages are. USPS goes on further to tell me that I have more information than they even do. This is what the FedEx Stupidpost says as far as tracking goes. At home expected delivery was supposed to be on the 28th:
Date Time Description Location
February 27, 2008 3:00 PM USPS Entry HIGHLANDS RANCH, CO
February 27, 2008 1:38 AM Electronic Shipping Info Received LITTLETON, CO *
February 27, 2008 12:58 AM USPS Electronically Notified LITTLETON,CO
February 27, 2008 12:11 AM Sortation Center Departure DENVER, CO
February 25, 2008 3:24 AM Sortation Center Arrival DENVER, CO
February 23, 2008 8:48 AM Sortation Center Departure GROVE CITY, OH
February 22, 2008 12:49 PM Sortation Center Arrival GROVE CITY, OH
February 22, 2008 7:00 AM Pickup LEETSDALE, PA
Conclusion...use another service. I use DHL quite a bit and have had ZERO problems with them. Even UPS has been good to me. Both internationally and domestically. NEVER NEVER use Smartpost by FedEx...unless you're fond of speaking with FedEx customer service and like being a hot potato which every representative wants to get out of their hands...just being passed on from person-to-person.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Since the beginning when I set up my business account at FedEx.com there has been nothing but problems. I have been in customer service with forward facing contact with both..."
- "My dad died just before Thanksgiving (my mom passed about 3 years ago), and one of the items in their house that I wanted to have is a beautifully and..."
- "FedEx, is a dishonest and greedy business. We are not going to ship with them again. They broke my merchandise. I failed a complain and for over a period..."
- "***BUYER BEWARE*** On February 22, 2013, I delivered a newly-purchased ($200) dresser to this business (at their storage address in Federal Heights) for refinishing. I paid for and received a signed..."
- "Hello, My name Tiffani Williams and I went in to one of your stores to get a trim about 1/2 inch of hair. I first asked the person that took..."
- "A couple weeks ago purchased washer & dryer. They said they will call to inform time of delivery. The day of delivery was was December 26th 2014. It turns out..."
- "My husband bought me flowers from pro flowers for Valentine's Day, when we got them some of the flowers were already semi wilted a few of them were snapped at..."
- "The Andalusia Alabama branch likes to text and Facebook their customers as well as take pictures of their employees and have group texts making fun of them. Also Vickie and..."
- "I just recieved the firepit table I'd ordered last week from Target.com. The box was clearly damaged in shipping and, after opening, we found the product (particularly the marble table..."