FedEx Smartpost? More like Stupidpost!
I'm amongst many who have made the mistake of having an item shipped by FedEx smartpost. I did a little research, and it turns out FedEx bought out a small third-party company called Smartpost a while back and are using this service without letting you know in advance. I mean, I ordered something online and it said it would ship via FedEx, so I bought it thinking I'd have tracking and it would be here in a few days. WRONG!! The company takes its time with putting the order in first off. Telling me that they couldn't get the information sent to FedEx. I placed the order on the 18th of February. It shipped February 22nd. I check up on the tracking...and it says it arrived here in Denver on the 25th, which is normal. So I figure I would wait a day or so for delivery. It is now March 3rd and nothing. It turns out that this Smartpost or rather Stupidpost is where FedEx sends the item to USPS, then USPS delivers it to you. I contact both FedEx and USPS and they have no idea where the packages are. USPS goes on further to tell me that I have more information than they even do. This is what the FedEx Stupidpost says as far as tracking goes. At home expected delivery was supposed to be on the 28th:
Date Time Description Location
February 27, 2008 3:00 PM USPS Entry HIGHLANDS RANCH, CO
February 27, 2008 1:38 AM Electronic Shipping Info Received LITTLETON, CO *
February 27, 2008 12:58 AM USPS Electronically Notified LITTLETON,CO
February 27, 2008 12:11 AM Sortation Center Departure DENVER, CO
February 25, 2008 3:24 AM Sortation Center Arrival DENVER, CO
February 23, 2008 8:48 AM Sortation Center Departure GROVE CITY, OH
February 22, 2008 12:49 PM Sortation Center Arrival GROVE CITY, OH
February 22, 2008 7:00 AM Pickup LEETSDALE, PA
Conclusion...use another service. I use DHL quite a bit and have had ZERO problems with them. Even UPS has been good to me. Both internationally and domestically. NEVER NEVER use Smartpost by FedEx...unless you're fond of speaking with FedEx customer service and like being a hot potato which every representative wants to get out of their hands...just being passed on from person-to-person.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I wrote a FedEx ceo an email stating my situation: Hello FedEx Executive, My name is Colleen Henson and my shipment that was sent through your company was mistreated resulting in the..."
- "Seller shipped package from Colorado to Portland. OR. In two days it arrived at Troutdale, OR which is 11.6 miles from my front door. It then was shipped to Kent, WA which..."
- "'Tis the season for thievery! My siblings and I ordered a beautiful custom ring for my mother as a Christmas/New Year's Birthday gift. The ring had each of our names next..."
- "This is the worst bed ever. It is nothing more than a high priced air mattress.. My plastic frame bent after one week of having the bed and it will..."
- "***BUYER BEWARE*** On February 22, 2013, I delivered a newly-purchased ($200) dresser to this business (at their storage address in Federal Heights) for refinishing. I paid for and received a signed..."
- "On Wed. June 3, 2015, I took my 1 year old Shorkie to be groomed at Petsmart #1421, 7350 S Gartrell Rd Gartrell in Aurora, CO. When I went..."
- "I manufacture charge air coolers in China and had six samples sent to Orlando by Fed Ex. I put them on pallets and forwarded them on to a customer. The..."
- "Be careful Ladies, I went into the ULTA for the hair dye Yesterday. I asked for the grey hair and I even showed her the pictures. It took more than..."
- "To Whom It May Concern I would like to seek your assistance to investigate a spam mail i had received where pictures of my family were send to me from an..."