FedEx Smartpost? More like Stupidpost!
I'm amongst many who have made the mistake of having an item shipped by FedEx smartpost. I did a little research, and it turns out FedEx bought out a small third-party company called Smartpost a while back and are using this service without letting you know in advance. I mean, I ordered something online and it said it would ship via FedEx, so I bought it thinking I'd have tracking and it would be here in a few days. WRONG!! The company takes its time with putting the order in first off. Telling me that they couldn't get the information sent to FedEx. I placed the order on the 18th of February. It shipped February 22nd. I check up on the tracking...and it says it arrived here in Denver on the 25th, which is normal. So I figure I would wait a day or so for delivery. It is now March 3rd and nothing. It turns out that this Smartpost or rather Stupidpost is where FedEx sends the item to USPS, then USPS delivers it to you. I contact both FedEx and USPS and they have no idea where the packages are. USPS goes on further to tell me that I have more information than they even do. This is what the FedEx Stupidpost says as far as tracking goes. At home expected delivery was supposed to be on the 28th:
Date Time Description Location
February 27, 2008 3:00 PM USPS Entry HIGHLANDS RANCH, CO
February 27, 2008 1:38 AM Electronic Shipping Info Received LITTLETON, CO *
February 27, 2008 12:58 AM USPS Electronically Notified LITTLETON,CO
February 27, 2008 12:11 AM Sortation Center Departure DENVER, CO
February 25, 2008 3:24 AM Sortation Center Arrival DENVER, CO
February 23, 2008 8:48 AM Sortation Center Departure GROVE CITY, OH
February 22, 2008 12:49 PM Sortation Center Arrival GROVE CITY, OH
February 22, 2008 7:00 AM Pickup LEETSDALE, PA
Conclusion...use another service. I use DHL quite a bit and have had ZERO problems with them. Even UPS has been good to me. Both internationally and domestically. NEVER NEVER use Smartpost by FedEx...unless you're fond of speaking with FedEx customer service and like being a hot potato which every representative wants to get out of their hands...just being passed on from person-to-person.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "This is a complaint against David F. Rebholz, President and Chief Executive Officer, FedEx Ground, for mis-management of a shoddy organization that has meted out pitiful service, egregious incompetence, and..."
- "Fed ex just delivered a toy climber and slide and this thing looks like sh*t. I know it didn't come from toys r us like this. The driver just dropped..."
- "Never use FedEx to ship fragile items. Not only where the items inside broken into pieces, antique lamps but the shades in a separate box also were demolished. The boxes..."
- "This is the worst bed ever. It is nothing more than a high priced air mattress.. My plastic frame bent after one week of having the bed and it will..."
- "My wife was rear ended on the I-270 about a month ago, and the person who hit her flat out said it was his fault. His insurance was Geico...."
- "My daughter wanted Wen to see her "review". In case photo is not readable, it says: "Poison" "You broke my heart" "How would you feel?" "Me (picture) notice I did not draw hair" "Now..."
- "Most *** poor dental service in michigan at mt.pleasant aspen butcher shop/the dentures they make are bottom of the barrel not properly made forms are took by kids with no..."
- "Ingram united presbyterian church in Pittsburgh pa has robbed me of items that was donated to them for me and paster aaron even called to tell me the..."
- "I recently purchased two items from modilily.com worst mistake ever I was excited for my package to come. First of it took a long time to get here second I..."