FedEx Smartpost? More like Stupidpost!
I'm amongst many who have made the mistake of having an item shipped by FedEx smartpost. I did a little research, and it turns out FedEx bought out a small third-party company called Smartpost a while back and are using this service without letting you know in advance. I mean, I ordered something online and it said it would ship via FedEx, so I bought it thinking I'd have tracking and it would be here in a few days. WRONG!! The company takes its time with putting the order in first off. Telling me that they couldn't get the information sent to FedEx. I placed the order on the 18th of February. It shipped February 22nd. I check up on the tracking...and it says it arrived here in Denver on the 25th, which is normal. So I figure I would wait a day or so for delivery. It is now March 3rd and nothing. It turns out that this Smartpost or rather Stupidpost is where FedEx sends the item to USPS, then USPS delivers it to you. I contact both FedEx and USPS and they have no idea where the packages are. USPS goes on further to tell me that I have more information than they even do. This is what the FedEx Stupidpost says as far as tracking goes. At home expected delivery was supposed to be on the 28th:
Date Time Description Location
February 27, 2008 3:00 PM USPS Entry HIGHLANDS RANCH, CO
February 27, 2008 1:38 AM Electronic Shipping Info Received LITTLETON, CO *
February 27, 2008 12:58 AM USPS Electronically Notified LITTLETON,CO
February 27, 2008 12:11 AM Sortation Center Departure DENVER, CO
February 25, 2008 3:24 AM Sortation Center Arrival DENVER, CO
February 23, 2008 8:48 AM Sortation Center Departure GROVE CITY, OH
February 22, 2008 12:49 PM Sortation Center Arrival GROVE CITY, OH
February 22, 2008 7:00 AM Pickup LEETSDALE, PA
Conclusion...use another service. I use DHL quite a bit and have had ZERO problems with them. Even UPS has been good to me. Both internationally and domestically. NEVER NEVER use Smartpost by FedEx...unless you're fond of speaking with FedEx customer service and like being a hot potato which every representative wants to get out of their hands...just being passed on from person-to-person.review #114433
You may also like
- "I was looking for a corgi and my dad found a listing for $250 in Newfoundland which was too good to be true because corgis are never that cheap! I..."
- "I wrote a FedEx ceo an email stating my situation: Hello FedEx Executive, My name is Colleen Henson and my shipment that was sent through your company was mistreated resulting in the..."
- "I am a very easy to please and understanding clint. But I have no tolerance for animal abuse and environmental impact issies. As Fed Ex has decided to offer air..."
- "I have had the worst experience ever in my life. I have concrete steps installed that are against building codes and a safety hazard. I have this verified by a..."
- "While searching for airline flights today, I was directed to Frontier Airlines to book a ticket that was right around the price range I could work with to make it..."
- "Leavenworth Lawyer Gary A. Nelson engaged in the following dastardly conduct thereby creating the "Nelson Maneuver." "The Nelson Maneuver" Get a Law Degree and turn it into a..."
- "My internet went out. They sent someone to fix it. He ran a big black cable wire from my ceiling, down my wall to an outlet. After he..."
- "We made an appt 2 weeks ago for tile repair they never showed up. Claimed it was raining well not where we live. It took 24 hrs to finally..."
- "Stay Away! This razor is no bargain. First of all, when you purchase it online, they try to upsell you about 5 times, making the razor far more expensive than the..."