FedEx Smartpost? More like Stupidpost!
I'm amongst many who have made the mistake of having an item shipped by FedEx smartpost. I did a little research, and it turns out FedEx bought out a small third-party company called Smartpost a while back and are using this service without letting you know in advance. I mean, I ordered something online and it said it would ship via FedEx, so I bought it thinking I'd have tracking and it would be here in a few days. WRONG!! The company takes its time with putting the order in first off. Telling me that they couldn't get the information sent to FedEx. I placed the order on the 18th of February. It shipped February 22nd. I check up on the tracking...and it says it arrived here in Denver on the 25th, which is normal. So I figure I would wait a day or so for delivery. It is now March 3rd and nothing. It turns out that this Smartpost or rather Stupidpost is where FedEx sends the item to USPS, then USPS delivers it to you. I contact both FedEx and USPS and they have no idea where the packages are. USPS goes on further to tell me that I have more information than they even do. This is what the FedEx Stupidpost says as far as tracking goes. At home expected delivery was supposed to be on the 28th:
Date Time Description Location
February 27, 2008 3:00 PM USPS Entry HIGHLANDS RANCH, CO
February 27, 2008 1:38 AM Electronic Shipping Info Received LITTLETON, CO *
February 27, 2008 12:58 AM USPS Electronically Notified LITTLETON,CO
February 27, 2008 12:11 AM Sortation Center Departure DENVER, CO
February 25, 2008 3:24 AM Sortation Center Arrival DENVER, CO
February 23, 2008 8:48 AM Sortation Center Departure GROVE CITY, OH
February 22, 2008 12:49 PM Sortation Center Arrival GROVE CITY, OH
February 22, 2008 7:00 AM Pickup LEETSDALE, PA
Conclusion...use another service. I use DHL quite a bit and have had ZERO problems with them. Even UPS has been good to me. Both internationally and domestically. NEVER NEVER use Smartpost by FedEx...unless you're fond of speaking with FedEx customer service and like being a hot potato which every representative wants to get out of their hands...just being passed on from person-to-person.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "My 12 year old son saved his hard earned money to buy his first nice guitar...it was a beautiful black Les Paul guitar...Fedex broke the head stock and the neck..."
- "I had two speakers that I sold on eBay that I had bought from a retailer brand in original packaging. The exterior of the container clearly showed they were speakers...."
- "FedEx uses two dates to determine when a package will actually get to its destination: an estimated delivery date and a commitment date. A package that had been slated for..."
- "On Wed. June 3, 2015, I took my 1 year old Shorkie to be groomed at Petsmart #1421, 7350 S Gartrell Rd Gartrell in Aurora, CO. When I went..."
- "Century Link is guilty of theft and false advertising. I advise that anyone who has come to this conclusion (if you haven't you will) to contact the attorney general and..."
- "I hired Sears to clean my carpet, they told me that they would only move my couches,which was fine with me, a young tech came by himself, I told him..."
- "Specifically; fit, finish and quality issues throughout. The RV is put together with cheap and inferior quality products, the fit and finish is horrible and the customer "NO" service..."
- "After months of looking at the products being advertised on the Touch of Modern web page, I decided to give it a try. I became skeptical because after making..."
- "I bought a bag of Clover Valley Tropical Trail Mix on 10/2015 and the mix is rancid, I called the number in the back and gave all information Cll #..."