FedEx Smartpost? More like Stupidpost!
I'm amongst many who have made the mistake of having an item shipped by FedEx smartpost. I did a little research, and it turns out FedEx bought out a small third-party company called Smartpost a while back and are using this service without letting you know in advance. I mean, I ordered something online and it said it would ship via FedEx, so I bought it thinking I'd have tracking and it would be here in a few days. WRONG!! The company takes its time with putting the order in first off. Telling me that they couldn't get the information sent to FedEx. I placed the order on the 18th of February. It shipped February 22nd. I check up on the tracking...and it says it arrived here in Denver on the 25th, which is normal. So I figure I would wait a day or so for delivery. It is now March 3rd and nothing. It turns out that this Smartpost or rather Stupidpost is where FedEx sends the item to USPS, then USPS delivers it to you. I contact both FedEx and USPS and they have no idea where the packages are. USPS goes on further to tell me that I have more information than they even do. This is what the FedEx Stupidpost says as far as tracking goes. At home expected delivery was supposed to be on the 28th:
Date Time Description Location
February 27, 2008 3:00 PM USPS Entry HIGHLANDS RANCH, CO
February 27, 2008 1:38 AM Electronic Shipping Info Received LITTLETON, CO *
February 27, 2008 12:58 AM USPS Electronically Notified LITTLETON,CO
February 27, 2008 12:11 AM Sortation Center Departure DENVER, CO
February 25, 2008 3:24 AM Sortation Center Arrival DENVER, CO
February 23, 2008 8:48 AM Sortation Center Departure GROVE CITY, OH
February 22, 2008 12:49 PM Sortation Center Arrival GROVE CITY, OH
February 22, 2008 7:00 AM Pickup LEETSDALE, PA
Conclusion...use another service. I use DHL quite a bit and have had ZERO problems with them. Even UPS has been good to me. Both internationally and domestically. NEVER NEVER use Smartpost by FedEx...unless you're fond of speaking with FedEx customer service and like being a hot potato which every representative wants to get out of their hands...just being passed on from person-to-person.12f238b3 review #114433
You may also like
- "Radiator in my truck started leaking (plastic tanks) - so I ordered a new all metal radiator. UPS shows up and my wife sees the box and told him..."
- "Everything started after I decided to sell my Apple MacBook Pro (late 2013 model) to a friend. We agreed that she would pay me for my barely used one $3,000.00 Since..."
- "I ordered three ipod touches 32g in different colors for my girls for Christmas. The box was obviously cut open and retaped. Two of the ipod touches were missing! I..."
- "***BUYER BEWARE*** On February 22, 2013, I delivered a newly-purchased ($200) dresser to this business (at their storage address in Federal Heights) for refinishing. I paid for and received a signed..."
- "A couple weeks ago purchased washer & dryer. They said they will call to inform time of delivery. The day of delivery was was December 26th 2014. It turns out..."
- "Breaking News - Charles LaBoone of Christbilt ARRESTED on 3 felony counts of theft by conversion in nationwide metal building scamhttp://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/paulding-man-charged-in-building-scam-020210#viewSingle92276685Check out the You Tube clip of how Charles of..."
- "The house was built in 2001 in Atlanta, Ga. We had wooden floor put in and lately the wood was expanding and we thought it was because of moisture. We..."
- "Robin Rogers (Jennifer) of 220 hickory street brooksville Florida breeds german shepherds under the kennel named "Vom Pfister Haus" kennels. I found her add on pet finder for a male,..."
- "I bought a china cabinet from Furnituremail.com as a valentine gift for my wife. After the item was delivered, I opened the box and the base had massive damages...."