We received an automotive part (a radiator) which was shipped from Florida to Michigan, via FedEx. The seller had double packed the item, one carton inside of another carton, with crumple zones between the two cartons.

The package when delivered had obviously been mistreated. There were no less than 5 holes measuring 3" diameter or larger in the carton. Two corners of the outer and inner cartons had been crushed in and then taped over. As well, tape had been used in attempt to cover the holes. The holes not only penetrated both carton layers, but also punctured the cooling fins of the radiator within the inner carton. Lastly, vital pieces of the shipped part had been broken off and could been heard rolling around in the carton.

Rather than taking initiative to return the damaged item, FedEx chose to deliver the package. FedEx left this item in this fashion on our business door step, during business hours, without so much as a knock or note. When we later contacted FedEx regarding the damages, the shipping rep stated that if we wanted to return the item, we would be responsible for the return shipping cost.

Fortunately we were able to negotiate with the seller, whom stepped up and took care of return shipping (at their cost).

On a personal note: This delay, the result of obvious negligence on behalf of FedEx shipping Co. has cost my business considerable revenue. We offer high performance and custom automotive service. The actions by FedEx, resulting in delay of parts arrival, has set my business back a full week. Because we operate under tight deadlines, i was forced to offer reimbursement to my clients, whose vehicle is still as yet incomplete due solely to FedEx shipping company failures. Had the part arrived intact, rather than damaged, we would have delivered a completed custom hot-rod to our client a full two days ahead of schedule. Instead that particular vehicle in still in our shop.

I will never recommend FedEx to any business associate, client, or friend. Further i have instructed my staff to avoid using FedEx shipping regardless of cost to my business and i have further encouraged my staff to avoid FedEx shipping for their personal use.

Sincerely,

Lee Garrison,

Lee's Performance Automotive

Livonia, MI.

This person wrote the review because of damaged or defective of radiator from FedEx. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $500 and wants FedEx to offer any options to resolve the issue.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments