Rio, Illinois
Featured

My 12 year old son saved his hard earned money to buy his first nice guitar...it was a beautiful black Les Paul guitar...Fedex broke the head stock and the neck itself COMPLETELY OFF!After going around with them for a month, they sent a check TO THE SHIPPER for a fraction of what it cost.

They admitted they broke it and paid $100 for an item he paid 249.95 for. It is valued at nearly $400. I wasn't asking for replacement cost.

IN MY OPINION THESE THIEVES STOLE FROM A 12 YEAR OLD!THEY MAKE THEIR OWN RULES.

Had an Experience with Fedex?

Comments

Chris H

I realize this is almost a year old post, but if the pieces are all in a box in the garage or something still I'd be glad to make an attempt at a repair for your son.As a luthier I've repaired and built several guitars in the last few years and would be glad to give it a shot.

Worse thing you'd be out of is shipping cost.

Growing up as a kid I used to save my school lunch money and get my mom to buy guitars for me out of catalogs.I can truly imaging how your son must have felt.

White Plains, New York, United States #657804

that is their maximum responsibility unless you take additional insurance

Kaytin
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States #657745

That is insane. I see reports of service like this from Fedex all over the place and I have to wonder how they are still in business.

Very sorry for your son man, hopefully you find some way to work things out with this "Shipping Company".