Fedex - Broke a Brand new Les Paul Guitar Admit Guilt only pay a fraction of value

1787 of 3090 Fedex reviews

My 12 year old son saved his hard earned money to buy his first nice guitar...it was a beautiful black Les Paul guitar...Fedex broke the head stock and the neck itself COMPLETELY OFF!After going around with them for a month, they sent a check TO THE SHIPPER for a fraction of what it cost.

They admitted they broke it and paid $100 for an item he paid 249.95 for. It is valued at nearly $400. I wasn't asking for replacement cost.

IN MY OPINION THESE THIEVES STOLE FROM A 12 YEAR OLD!THEY MAKE THEIR OWN RULES.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
1787 of 3090 Fedex reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Chris H

Feb 18, 2014 #786235

I realize this is almost a year old post, but if the pieces are all in a box in the garage or something still I'd be glad to make an attempt at a repair for your son. As a luthier I've repaired and built several guitars in the last few years and would be glad to give it a shot. Worse thing you'd be out of is shipping cost. Growing up as a kid I used to save my school lunch money and get my mom to buy guitars for me out of catalogs. I can truly imaging how your son must have felt.

2 0 Reply
Kaytin

May 30, 2013 #657745 Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States

That is insane. I see reports of service like this from Fedex all over the place and I have to wonder how they are still in business.
Very sorry for your son man, hopefully you find some way to work things out with this "Shipping Company".

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Fedex. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Fedex.
Filing a new complaint about
×