You'd think I would learn because this has been happening to me for at least a year, and now I see it's happening to others.Every time I quote a customer for shipping charges to get reimbursed, and use my credit card to pay, the charges ALWAYS come back 20-30% higher than the original quote!

The latest one was 2 identical packages at $47.63 ea. Original quote $39.37- a 21% difference! Take my advise and be very wary when using FedEx website shipping quotes.

If you don't want to lose money time and time again, be sure to add at least 20% to the quotes.You can be certain FedEx will!

Reason of review: Actual cost much higher than quote.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments

Oak Forest, Illinois, United States #925089

I have evidence but no proof that FedEx drivers also intentionally fail delivery attempts in order to force re-ship charges on businesses.I do have proof that FedEx will falsely log a delivery attempt that never happens, thus breaking their contract with the shipper (fraud) by not making 3 legitimate attempts.

FedEx will refuse to make a 4th attempt unless you, the business, authorizes and pays for a re-shipment.

Check your re-shipment charges and call your customers for some feedback regarding delivery attempts.This type of scam can generate millions for FedEx.

I sent two exact same boxes with the exact same items inside to two different locations on the east coast.The quote online was $21.65 for each.

I checked the invoice and one had been billed at $31.88 and the other was $28.23. They said they calculated on dimensional weight. Both weighed under 2 lbs. The dimensional weight was 4lbs.

Also, the boxes were 12x6x6. They measured both boxes incorrectly.

I disputed and they denied it! Watch out.

They are a huge ripoff!DO NOT USE FedEx.