8.4K views 5 comments

Hello there,

I bought a GoPro 4 on the official website to have it sent to Mexico I did choose the "FedEx International Priority".

Last saturday, 18 of October, the GoPro landed in Guadalajara, Mexico, showing some "Clearance Delay", ok, fair enough, it does have to go trough customs, no problem.

I was keeping an eye on the tracking and this morning, Tuesday the 21 the FedEx page show a new "Customer has requested a non-express clearance"

What the *** does that means, any clue ?

I was kinda naive, thinking that the "International Priority" was like, you know, "yeah, I want my stuff quick, express way"

I imagine this clearance delay have something to do with customs but why the non-express comment is showing now ?

Review about: Gopro Camera.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Scary movie / $850
Preferred solution Deliver product or service ordered

Had an Experience with Fedex?

Comments

Hwntnmx
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico #907055

Hi!, Im having right now the same problem, Im also from Guadalajara, I have some doubts about this that maybe you already go through and maybe you can help me...the tax that they are charging you is the IVA?....

so when the FedEx truck passed they just passed to charging you the taxes or they were there for the delivery but since you had no money on hand they just leave?, once you paid at FedEx offices, do they not give you your package?Do you know how much time they can give you in order to pay the taxes before they returned it?

Hope you can help me, thanks!

Damexico
Zacatecas, Zacatecas, Mexico #888724

Back again,

the FedEx truck just passed, the package looked in good shape but I have to pay some import taxes and I had not enough cash on me, I go to the FedEx storage place tomorrow in the morning, can't wait to put my hands on my new Go Pro :D

Finally I'm pleased, better to pay taxes directly to FedEx here in my town than to pay to customs before they move the shipment out of the airport.

mike
to Damexico Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana #1215298

how much did you pay?

Damexico
Zacatecas, Zacatecas, Mexico #888309

Back,

well, I made a phone call to FedEx here in Mexico, asked them if something was happening, if I had to prepare myself for a delay in the delivery they told me 'nothing's wrong, the shipment still due for Tuesday evening' and now the red comment about 'non-express clearance' disappeared and the tracking was updated to 'International shipment release - Import'

I feel better, will come back tomorrow to say if it was delivered in time. :)

to Damexico #977829

Hola, tengo el mismo problema que usted, hoy 28 de Abril salio el aviso de "Customer has requested non-express clearance." Pero no se por que es ¿Tengo que hacer algo yo o se quita automáticamente, cuando compre mi producto decía que el transporte era fratuito.. El paquete se entrega el 30 de Abril a las 6:00pm. Gracias por la ayuda (: