Fedex - "Customer has requested non-express clearance"

1109 of 3090 Fedex reviews

Hello there,

I bought a GoPro 4 on the official website to have it sent to Mexico I did choose the "FedEx International Priority".

Last saturday, 18 of October, the GoPro landed in Guadalajara, Mexico, showing some "Clearance Delay", ok, fair enough, it does have to go trough customs, no problem.

I was keeping an eye on the tracking and this morning, Tuesday the 21 the FedEx page show a new "Customer has requested a non-express clearance"

What the *** does that means, any clue ?

I was kinda naive, thinking that the "International Priority" was like, you know, "yeah, I want my stuff quick, express way"

I imagine this clearance delay have something to do with customs but why the non-express comment is showing now ?

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Scary movie
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Gopro Camera
Review category
Shipping
review #548948 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Fedex? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 18 Yes 18
1109 of 3090 Fedex reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Hwntnmx

Nov 27, 2014 #907055 Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico

Hi!, Im having right now the same problem, Im also from Guadalajara, I have some doubts about this that maybe you already go through and maybe you can help me... the tax that they are charging you is the IVA?.... so when the FedEx truck passed they just passed to charging you the taxes or they were there for the delivery but since you had no money on hand they just leave?, once you paid at FedEx offices, do they not give you your package? Do you know how much time they can give you in order to pay the taxes before they returned it?
Hope you can help me, thanks!

0 0 Reply
Damexico

Oct 22, 2014 #888724 Zacatecas, Zacatecas, Mexico

Back again,
the FedEx truck just passed, the package looked in good shape but I have to pay some import taxes and I had not enough cash on me, I go to the FedEx storage place tomorrow in the morning, can't wait to put my hands on my new Go Pro :D
Finally I'm pleased, better to pay taxes directly to FedEx here in my town than to pay to customs before they move the shipment out of the airport.

0 0 Reply
Damexico

Oct 21, 2014 #888309 Zacatecas, Zacatecas, Mexico

Back,
well, I made a phone call to FedEx here in Mexico, asked them if something was happening, if I had to prepare myself for a delay in the delivery they told me 'nothing's wrong, the shipment still due for Tuesday evening' and now the red comment about 'non-express clearance' disappeared and the tracking was updated to 'International shipment release - Import'
I feel better, will come back tomorrow to say if it was delivered in time. :)

2 3 Reply

Apr 28, 2015 #977829

Hola, tengo el mismo problema que usted, hoy 28 de Abril salio el aviso de "Customer has requested non-express clearance." Pero no se por que es ¿Tengo que hacer algo yo o se quita automáticamente, cuando compre mi producto decía que el transporte era fratuito.. El paquete se entrega el 30 de Abril a las 6:00pm. Gracias por la ayuda (:

0 3 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Fedex. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Fedex.
Filing a new complaint about
×