Fedex - Damaged / Loss items, and refused to compensate

622 of 3090 Fedex reviews

I had a 21 package business consignment shipped from abroad, paid with insurance cover by the express service. Several days later, 2 arrive late and one is lost.

I reported this, however they made me arund around for about 6 weeks, never calling me back or even emialing me as promised.

In the end, nearly 6 or 7 weeks later without telling me anything. It arrived repackaged by them with the box clearly labelled by them as "damaged in handling by fedex". The original box was also in the packaging so I could see what had happened. Clearly the original box was badly torn from bad handling (it was an official USPS strong parcels box).

The item inside was severely damaged in a way that could only have been done with very bad handling. As the metal chassis was actual distorted so badly I could not even get it back in place by force.

At first they told me they would grant a claim, but then made me wait even more weeks, and eventually came back and said another department denied the claim and they cant help. When queried they said they tried to fob me off by saying packaging was inadequate, even though even a simple minded person can see clearly that this nature of damage has nothing to do with packaging, as it was so badly damaged.

Its so obvious the FedEx team had tried hide the item, as it had been so badly damaged, and so it was lost initially, but after my chasing it up and complaining, they mysteriously found and delivered it, and then within the company tried to cover it up under an agreed story of bad packaging.

I always thought FedEx was meant to be one of the best, professional and trusted global couriers. Believe me, you do not want to risk having to deal with them in the event of an issue or problem.

To further underline this, they are refusing to even provide me with the customs invoice, that I need to claim back the tax from the government on it. Even the customs government department could not believe how badly FedEx was behaving.

I have dealt with most of the big names in the courier industry, and can honestly say FedEx has by far the worse support and handling team I have ever had to deal with. In fact everything points at blatantly damaging my parcels and then misrepresenting the case and concocting a false story about packaging.

Do yourself a favour and do NOT use these clowns.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Fedex International Express
Review category
Shipping
review #705895

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Fedex? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
622 of 3090 Fedex reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.