71 views
Verified Reviewer

DANGEROUS DRIVER INCIDENT: Tuesday, 11/10/2020 at 13:37 EST I was biking westbound in the right lane of Drumgoole Road W on Staten Island, NY when I was passed and almost sideswiped by a FedEx truck traveling in the same direction and going faster than the posted speed limit.

I was in the center of my lane when your truck passed me and did not use the empty left lane.

Instead he chose to pass within less than 2 feet of me with his right wheels in my lane and left wheels in the left lane. He was so close than I felt the rush of wind as his right-sideview mirror passed within inches of my head.

I could not see a number on the truck, but it was a box-truck w/lift gate and had New Jersey plates.

The date and time of the incident 11/10/2020 at 13:37 EST were obtained from my GPS tracking software. I am sure that these trucks and drivers have GPS tracking devices and GPS phones so FedEx can readily identify the driver in question and the speed of the truck. This FedEx driver is a danger to life and should not be on the road.

Tried to register a complaint thru FedEx Customer Support online, but ended up sending the info to FedEx Canada. They wrote back that I should call the US FedEx Customer Service number.

Lessons learned: 1] Some FedEx drivers are dangerous.

2] The FedEx website sucks. 3] Canadians ARE really polite.

User's recommendation: Use UPS.

Product or Service Mentioned: Fedex Vehicle Driver.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments