Turnaround Time

My son notified me that I would be receiving a birthday gift that he purchased via Ebay.The person or company her purchased it from sent it to me by FedEx.

My son sent me the tracking number so I would know when to expect it. After not receiving the gift though the tracking indicated it had been delivered, I contacted FedEx. They conducted an investigation and found that the driver had delivered the package to the wrong address. I filed a claim with FedEx, but received a letter from FedEx specifying that the shipper must file a claim as per their contract with them.

This is very frustrating especially if the shipper has no desire to file a claim. Why should he? He already was compensated when my son paid for the gift.

I'm the one that's experienced a loss.FedEx made the mistake.

This reviewer shared experience about problem with delivery and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $230. The author is overall dissatisfied with FedEx. The most disappointing about fedex claims from FedEx was no accountability or follow-up and lack of first call resolution Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about FedEx.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments

I sell on ebay and if the package was covered by insurance; which it usually is when shipping FedEx, the buyer/recipient can't file a lost or damaged claim.I don't know how old this post is, but your son has to contact the seller and the seller must file a claim to FedEx.

FedEx will then investigate the matter and make a desicion. Mean while, the seller should issue a refund for the item, as they wait for the insurance claim to process.

Ebay usually has a buyer protection program that protects buyers from situations like this.If a seller ignores such a problem, you can open a case with ebay and they will take action against the seller to get your refund.