Turnaround Time

My son notified me that I would be receiving a birthday gift that he purchased via Ebay. The person or company her purchased it from sent it to me by FedEx.

My son sent me the tracking number so I would know when to expect it. After not receiving the gift though the tracking indicated it had been delivered, I contacted FedEx. They conducted an investigation and found that the driver had delivered the package to the wrong address. I filed a claim with FedEx, but received a letter from FedEx specifying that the shipper must file a claim as per their contract with them.

This is very frustrating especially if the shipper has no desire to file a claim. Why should he? He already was compensated when my son paid for the gift.

I'm the one that's experienced a loss. FedEx made the mistake.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

I didn't like: No accountability or follow-up, Lack of first call resolution.

Comments

I sell on ebay and if the package was covered by insurance; which it usually is when shipping FedEx, the buyer/recipient can't file a lost or damaged claim.I don't know how old this post is, but your son has to contact the seller and the seller must file a claim to FedEx.

FedEx will then investigate the matter and make a desicion. Mean while, the seller should issue a refund for the item, as they wait for the insurance claim to process.

Ebay usually has a buyer protection program that protects buyers from situations like this.If a seller ignores such a problem, you can open a case with ebay and they will take action against the seller to get your refund.