Fedex is a joke of a courier service and I wholeheartedly voice my support for all consumers to switch to UPS! They always leave doortags instead of attempting to deliver packages. What is the point of a delivery company that doesn't deliver and forces customers to pick up their packages?

Some countries are run by dictators and are called banana republics because they can't seem to do anything right. A few years ago I would have been enthusiastic about Fedex's service because they used to be professional. They aren't anymore. Period.

Every single time there's been a door tag left at the entrance of my apartment complex with no other evidence of a delivery attempt. It's like they don't even try to enter the building. Then the door tag they leave usually says available to pick up for one hour before we close and attempt to deliver again the next day. At UPS you can request that they stop the package so you can pick it up yourself if the couriers themselves are unable to deliver it to you.

UPS should be eating Fedex alive right now and I don't understand why people still patronize Fedex.

Had an Experience with Fedex?

Comments

After trying Catty's suggestion, I now have to drive 15 miles from where I live to go pick up the package in South Central LA. Thanks so much. So much more convenient than being able to receive the package on my doorstep and not having to drive 15 miles away in a more dangerous part of town.

First, Fedex offices are not open 24/7. Secondly the UPS courier always finds a way to deliver the package, no matter if 2nd day, 3rd day or UPS ground services are used. When you pay upwards of $25 for expedited shipping you expect to get what you pay for.

It is not unreasonable to expect that level of performance when a company that provides a better level of performance for a cheaper price.

catty
Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #246703

the answer to this is simple..or is this too complicated for you?

call them and ask for a hold a location address.

they will do that unless the shipper has restrictions on it.i always have it held at a fedex office near me, it's there the next day and available 24/7 for pick up.this is just ridiculous.call them instead of sounding like a uops employee.