I was so displeased this past Christmas when many of the packages I ordered online would say I could get it in time, however, with this Fedex smartpost, many of the times I'd get a message that my package was delivered, but only to then go to the post office.A few times I'd wait more than 2 days before I got a notice that a pckg was avail.???

I live in a community, so there are mailboxes instead of door to door. Ok I get that with the mail, but when I order via FedEx, I expect it when the shipper say I'm going to get it.

I order quite a bit online, I truly dislike this type of service.It's 2015 businesses, we want it, when we want it!

This person wrote the review because of problem with delivery of smartpost from FedEx. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants FedEx to offer any options to resolve the issue.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments

aleksey
Coventry, Rhode Island, United States #995448

The reality of the FedEx Smartpost service level is that it uses bundling from our larger customers to offer more cost effective delivery through to the local Post office using our Ground network.This combination allows effective use of the both our core network and the local Post offices delivery services.

FedEx Smartpost delivery is best effort with no guarantee unless it becomes lost.

As for avoiding this level of service you can complain to the shipper to offer other levels of service and if other levels of service are available select them when you make a purchase. Additionally if you live in a community you can always file a complaint to whatever company is running it for not providing enough or large enough lockers.

The USPS issued Parcel Locker regulation 4C that require 1 Parcel Locker for every 10 Letter Lockers.I recently did that in my local community and they are now working on installing more.