If you have an alternative option , go elsewhere.FEDEX is totally corrupt and negligent towards their customers.....i had sent out a package to Europe for overnight shipping, paid a large amount of money to make sure the package gets there on time...A week later the package still hasn't arrived,and they are giving me no information as to when the package will arrive at its destination,not even estimating.Apparently there is some sort of clearance delay at customs and it has been sitting there for 5 days already.Far worse,the package will need to be sent back to the US because of its delay, and they are asking me to fully pay for it once again....Nobody is helping me,they keep telling me they have no information about it.This was an emergency case ,the person receiving the package was in desperate need and i was naive for thinking that FEDEX will come through with a good customer service as they promised.NEVER AGAIN.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments

Oh, man...that isn't just bad...that's despicable!I am seriously considering some sort of class action against the company-this forum alone is filled with people who have had similar experiences with FedEx.

I've already contacted the maker of the item which was to be delivered yesterday as I fear that the continued exposure to heat and humidity here in Georgia over the next two days before they even attempt re-delivery will cause damage to the item and asking him what recourse I may have with either him or FedEx to be reimbursed for the 500.00 loss of the item if it's damaged due to the heat....I'm absolutely sick of this kind of treatment and just hearing others' stories makes me even more furious.It's time FedEx was knocked from its superior "status."

I was expecting a next day delivery, this Thursday July 15, 2010 , I waited all day and no-one phoned or arrived with a delivery.On Friday, I left for twenty minutes from 5:50PM to 6:20 PM to pick up some items at the Supermarket; When I arrived there was a door tag from FED-EX , stating sorry to have missed me , how do they expect to find anyone at home if they do not make a delivery the day they are supposed to arrive, and don't bother to call first , are the clients supposed to stay home indefinitely until a FED-Ex choses to deliver.I spoke to customer service at 6:30PM to see if the FED-Ex courier was still in the neighborhood and could bring the package , but she did not know , when I asked when the package would be delivered, she said she did not know maybe Saturday, then she said Saturdays they don't make deliveries, then she said Monday, but Monday is a holiday here.

The delivery service was deficient and the customer service also.FED-EX was a bad experience , an overnight delivery that will probably take SIX days.

You answered your own question in there:

"Apparently there is some sort of clearance delay at customs."

Sigh...This may come as a surprise to you, but Fedex is not in charge of the government of whatever country it is you shipped it to.If you export something to a country, their customs agency can hold it, steal it, or charge the recipient to receive it.

It's just the way it is, and yeah, it stinks.But it has zero to do with Fedex, UPS, DHL, etc.