Don't trust fedex estimated delivery!

2909 of 3218 Fedex reviews

I order car parts online alot. IN the last year I have only received parts shipped fedex on 3 occasions. The first time their website tracking info said my package would arrive on a Saturday. I was pretty happy because I thought it was going to take until Monday. Well Saturday came and the website said it was on schedule, Saturday evening came and my package didn't arrive, on top of that the delivery date dissapeared and didn't reappear until Tuesday when it said it would be delivered that day. I thought it was a mistake, but it seems to be common practice at fedex.

Last week I ordered some more parts and they were shipped fedex. Three packages were scheduled to be delivered on Saturday which sounded great, just a few days after I ordered! So I stayed home Saturday waiting for the packages, and no packages were delivered. The delivery date dissapeared yet it was still on schedule... And then Monday evening a new delivery date for wedensday was set. Well at least those packages came on wed. This recent order was to come in two parts. The second part was shipped two days after the first (Friday 30th) it immediatly had a delivery date for the 5th (today) and surely enough my package wasn't delivered and the delivery date is gone.

I called fedex and spoke to a rep. I told him the situation and asked why it happened and when my package would arrive. He said he didn't know and that my package would be here tomorrow. I guess we will see about that!

Moral of the story is that if you want to track your packages don't bother with fedex, and most importantly don't trust their delivery date.

I will be trying to get my money back and avoid fedex at all cost in the future.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 81 Yes 81 101 No 101
Had the same issue 75 Yes 75
2909 of 3218 Fedex reviews

Feb 16 #1289082 Pipersville, Pennsylvania, United States

FedEx delivered my package on time. I received my package at around 10:30am. Tracking information was good, too. The box was in excellent condition. An undamaged, glistening, stratocater was inside of the box.

1 0 Reply

Nov 24, 2016 #1245309 Mexico, Capital District, Venezuela

My life experience with shipping companies:
DHL - Delivery estimate = delivery date
UPS - Delivery estimate = delivery date
USPS - Delivery estimate = delivery date
Servicio Postal Mexicano - Delivery estimate = delivery date
Fedex - Delivery estimate +6 days = delivery date (remember, weekends are not business days in this case either)

7 0 Reply
Emily

Jan 28 #1277583

..also a lot of arrogant, condescending, know-it-alls.

0 0 Reply

Mar 21, 2016 #1131677

Ummm... that's why it says estimated delivery. It's always within 2 days for me.(early 2 days, or late 2 days)

3 1 Reply

Jan 15, 2016 #1095267

I order things online a lot and on the rare occasions, FedEx is used. FedEx is pretty bad. I was expecting a package via Ground shipping and was told by their tracking for a full two days that it'd arrive on a Friday. Friday comes along and the status was given "On FedEx vehicle for delivery" at 7A in the morning. Fast forward to 4:30P "No scheduled delivery date available at this time." dafuq? I guess I have to wait till Monday since Ground doesn't ship on weekends.
It's really not that hard to just say that the package will be delayed. I'd rather be told that the package is delayed than to leave me wondering dafuq happened. It seems like UPS, USPS, and FedEx do not want to say their package will arrive dishonestly. The only luck I had was with Amazon's same day delivery.

3 0 Reply

Jan 02, 2016 #1087670

Sent my documents last 12/19/15 using fedex and it still hasn't been delivered to the recipient and it's already 01/03/16 and it's been on delivery exception for the past 6 days

Dec 24, 2015 #1083386

They totally missed delivering ontime as was guaranteed. When I called they said they were understaffed and my package would arrive by the end of day vs the 10:30a time I paid for. I explained I would miss my flight but they didn't care.

AAAHou

Dec 21, 2015 #1081981 Houston, Texas, United States

I have ordered 3 items and they were being delivered by FedEx (not my choice).
I have so many complaints but I will focus on the date issue only.
Today is 12/21/2015 and I just got a message stating I will receive my package tomorrow, 12/19/2015... Go figure (that date has come and gone). So click on tracking number and it says pending, No date. Their automated system is so f#@&$d up!

1 0 Reply

Dec 03, 2015 #1073529

Similar horrible experience here! Twice in the last two months FedEx has missed their scheduled delivery date.
The first occurrence was via Amazon Prime which is 2-day shipping and it was scheduled for delivery on a Friday. Well, Friday night came by and no package, so I jump on their website to track it and guess what - the status showed "No scheduled delivery date available at this time" and the scheduled delivery "Pending" The whole weekend went by and I didn't get my package until Monday night. Granted the service type still said "2-day" so it's not like Amazon made a mistake on their end; Amazon paid FedEx for 2-day shipping but FedEx simply took their sweet time and failed to fulfill the type of service that the customer paid for.
This second time, I have an order scheduled to be delivered today, Thursday, so excited to find out if my package is going to be waiting for me at home, I go online to track it and low and behold - same "No scheduled delivery date available at this time" and "Pending" status messages again! I've already been waiting a whole week for their slow service to deliver my package and not only are they now going to make me wait even longer, they don't even have the courtesy of updating their systems in a timely manner so I can know what this new delivery date is going to be (but then again, it could be as useless as the first one.)
Moral of the story: if you have a choice, never, ever use FedEX; especially, if your order is time-sensitive;
... Show more

9 1 Reply

Apr 29, 2015 #977946

I had ordered a Item from Walmart.com, The item was shipped Via FED-EX, the Item was 2 days Late and I even paid for 1 day shipping. Come to find out the Item was damaged so I had to return the Item back to walmart.
I reordered the same Item the same day I returned the damaged one, it said all day yesterday that it was going to arrive today. So I had arranged for my sister to be at the house to pick it up.
Woke up this morning and to my disbelief, it was still at the same location (for over 24 hours) and the delivery date was changed to tomorrow (mind it's sitting at a facility that is about a 5 hour drive away)

3 1 Reply
Fishermanroly

Nov 14, 2015 #1063840 Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States

I had the same situation ordered a package from Ohio to Florida it's at in the Orlando station for two days 48 hours and also came two days later and I paid for overnight FedEx blows I think if I pay for overnight I should receive overnight not three days later

Summer 01

Jan 29, 2015 #938519 Channahon, Illinois, United States

This has happened to us on 4 different occasions. Whenever Fed Ex is involved in the shipping process you can guarantee it won't be on time. It happened again today, original ship date said 1/29 then 1/30 now it says no estimated delivery date available. I wish I had a choice when purchasing online as to who ships my items, it sure wouldn't be Fed Ex. If I worked like this I wouldn't be employed.

14 2 Reply
fedexcantdeliver

Jan 28, 2015 #937583

Fedex blows my package was supposely to arrive last Saturday but than it change to the
No estimated delivery date available at this time message.

6 0 Reply
Dessu

Jan 29, 2015 #938150

The same thing happened to me. When I call for clarification they seem to know nothing. Worse, they don't even bother to respond an E-mail complaint. This never happened to me with DHL. For me this is the worst and most disrespectful shipping company I have ever experienced. I regret to choose FedeEx but I learned my lesson will advise others to not fall in the same *** as we are here

10 2 Reply

Dec 20, 2014 #918887

I am *** PISSED! My package was supposed to arrive TODAY and I stayed home all day to wait for it but it never came. Then, when I went back to check the estimated delivery date, it says TUESDAY, DECEMBER 23. I *** hate FedEx and will never use this company again! This makes no *** sense!

12 0 Reply
Walker 116

Jul 16, 2014 #841705 Los Angeles, California, United States

Yes can you believe I paid $30 for the next day delivery and I stayed at home waiting for it. I tracked it online saying it would be delivered by today 8pm but nothing happened.I tried to call someone for help but nothing seems helpful

16 0 Reply

Nov 14, 2015 #1063843

Same exact thing happened to me if I woulda known that I would have just paid for the regular shipping and you can get your money back

0 0 Reply
Maverick

Jul 16, 2014 #841527 West Palm Beach, Florida, United States

FedEx is worse for shippers!! They seem to be the only company in the business that can't give an accurate estimate on what it costs to ship something. I go online and use their estimators, put in exact dimensions and weight, print out a shipping label, and then a week later after it reaches it's destination the price charged to my card can vary from 2-20 dollars more than the estimate!! Last package I sent was something I sold on Ebay, after undisclosed rate changes and surcharges it was 16 dollars more than the estimate! That was half my profit on the item!! I was pissed and called FedEx. Well, they gave me a one time credit but assured me there's no way to get an exact estimate using their tools. They passed me from person to person trying to get me set up on the right tools and by the fourth person I was "accidentally" disconnected.
Wait... let me get this.... you know the exact information regarding the package... address, destination, weight, size etc. but you can't tell me exactly how much it costs to ship it? USPS and UPS don't seem to have this problem. It's a shame because the service is good, but can't afford to lose money on everything I ship.

4 1 Reply

1-20 of 68 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Fedex. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Fedex.
Filing a new complaint about
×