Verified Reviewer

1.3

I live at an apartment complex with a 24/7 doorman and another person at the mailroom during office hours, between the two of these individuals all packages are able to be delivered; the complex also has multiple cameras viewing the parking lot (way to access the mailroom from outside) and the driveway (along with a few other areas). My package was initially delayed with no reason given.

Today the driver claimed that they attempted to drop off my package, but could not do so because there was no one to pick it up, only due to the reasons listed above, there were two people who could receive the package, the doorman said that he did not see FedEx on the cameras, and looking back at the footage, no FedEx truck drove through the complex. The driver also did not leave the customary slip to prove that they attempted a delivery. I called customer service and was told that because this is the holiday season they cannot do same day re-delivery, despite the fact that there was no initial delivery and my proof that the driver never actually showed up, they just lied to the system and the customer service agent cannot override the system in light of the driver's lie.

The customer service agent also could not register a complaint on the driver as I could not give her the driver's license plate number nor the make and model of the vehicle because the driver never showed up, so I am unable to know/divine whatever they may be. To top it off, the website said to either pick it up in person right before the facility closed or to check manage delivery options (but no options were available due to the holiday season/corona).

User's recommendation: if you can avoid, do so.

Preferred solution: I'd like an apology, a complaint registered to the driver's file, and ideally, an official and streamlined process put into place for customers dealing with this situation..

FedEx Pros: Can be efficient when it actually works.

FedEx Cons: Bad delivery practice, Slow customer service, Bad website, Lies and fails to deliver packages.

Location: 1801 South Flagler Drive, West Palm Beach, FL 33401