2.2
Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

I live in a city apartment building. Up till now, the FedEx driver will usually buzz our apartments, come up to our floor, knock on our door, and either leave the package outside the apartment door or hand it to us.

This morning, they didn't do that. This driver, who may have been new, threw my box and two other people's boxes down in front of the buzzers outside the building in a completely unsecure area. He didn't make any attempt to buzz our apartments or call any of us to let us know the boxes were there. And he ran off.

I was literally waiting in my apartment for the driver to buzz me, had no idea my box had been left out there. A really kind, amazing person who was visiting a tenant saw what he did. She actually took the time to look at the box labels and buzz me and the other two people. She told me she would wait with the box till I got down there.

She was a true angel. If not for her, the boxes definitely would have been stolen by anyone off the street. I did contact FedEx, and they gave me the runaround and said that since the boxes didn't require a signature, the driver was allowed to just do that. No, it's not okay at all.

There was no attempt made to contact any of us. All he had to do was press the buzzers, tell us it was even there, or ask to be let in so he could leave it by our mailboxes in the lobby if he was really being that lazy and didn't want to take the elevator up. Anything would have been better than throwing our boxes in an unsafe, very public area where anyone off the street could taken them. Honestly, I hate FedEx.

I have had the drivers throw my boxes into the apartment hallway outside my door and not even knock on my door several times, but even that was safer than what this guy did today. Still not okay, though. This order was from Walmart's site and there had been no option to ask for a signature on delivery, and because the shipping was free, there was no option to change the shipper. I was stuck with FedEx.

I would never choose them. I asked FedEx if they could put down in my account that I only want signature on delivery and to never, ever leave my boxes, just redeliver if you can't get me. They gave me the runaround on that, too, said signature on delivery must be ordered by the shipper, the place you ordered from. And when I told Walmart that, they gave me the runaround and said the customer is supposed to contact FedEx to request the signature on delivery.

Not true. So each company is passing the buck on this issue.

Signature on delivery would force all drivers to face us with the boxes and it would stop these incidences from ever happening. We need mandatory signature on delivery, or at least the choice for it everywhere we order.

Product or Service Mentioned: Fedex Delivery Service.

I didn't like: Delivery practices, Packages left on side of road.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 24.

Comments