Carlton, Pennsylvania

I'm a photographer, and through tracking learned that my camera, which was sent away to be repaired would be delivered to my home on July 5th.My driveway is one mile long and near the end sit two residences, approximately 100 yards apart.

My residence is the first on the driveway, but I placed a sign outside to be just to be sure the driver stopped here. At 9am I heard a door slam and engine start. The driver for some reason had stopped at the other home and since nobody was home he was leaving. I ran outside and stood in my driveway waving my arms to stop him, but he ignored me and sped by.

I then contacted the company, a representative told me she would have the local facility call me soon. I waited 2 hours, then called again. After being told a completely different story from this representative, I asked to speak with a manager and was connected to a "consumer advocate" To make a long story short, I was met by intended incompetence, conflicting stories, and complete indifference to my situation through several phone calls and different representatives. In the end, my package will not be redelivered now until Tuesday (72 hours from the first delivery date) costing me a large amount of income.

In the course of these conversations I learned and verified some startling facts about how this inept company is run. Since it is difficult to sort out the truth I will say apparently. Apparently once a driver leaves the facility, there is absolutely no way he can be contacted by Fedex, unless of course he happens to be carrying express mail. To rectify this situation I offered to go to the facility to obtain my package upon the end of the driver's day.

I was informed that was not possible, because THE DRIVERS DON"T RETURN TO THE FACILITY AND UNDELIVERED PACKAGES REMAIN IN THE VAN AT THE DRIVER"S HOME!!! Two different reps verified this to me.

I cannot relate fully how nervous it makes me to know my camera which is worth a few thousand dollars is sitting in the driveway of a man who obviously has a poor work ethic and no sense of accountability.For 3 days no less.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments