2.5

The FedEx driver who was supposed to deliver my package to me yesterday entered a "delivery exception" at 4:00 pm, saying there was no one home. At 4:00 pm I was waiting the for the delivery by my front door. No FedEx truck even came down my street. In addition, I had taped a signed FedEx door tag to the front door, per the company's instructions. It has now been there for two days.

So I called FedEx customer service. The first of the four people I spoke with put me on hold while she spoke with the local (Houston) terminal. She told me that they would send a message to the driver to deliver the package yesterday. She also told me that the local office would call me to advise me of the delivery time and status. Since this conversation occurred within 15 minutes of the botched delivery, I thought it wouldn't take long for the driver to show up.

After about 40 minutes there was no driver and no phone call. So I called customer service again. This time the representative put me on hold for about 15 minutes. I gave up and called back. Eventually, I ended up speaking with someone who told me that he had contacted the local terminal and been told the drive had left the area and could not deliver the package that day. As about and hour fifteen minutes had passed since my initial call, this wasn't too surprising. However, I explained that my initial request for the driver to be notified that he had failed to go to the proper address and to deliver the package the correct address had been made an hour earlier. The customer service rep explained there was nothing he could do as all decisions about delivery and routing were made at the local office. He had no control over what they did.

It appears that the local FedEx facility has no problem lying to the company's customer service reps and ignoring their requests. It also appears that the company's structure encourages this attitude of disregard for its customers.

In future I'll be asking anyone who ships anything to me or my place of business to please ship via UPS. While no carrier is perfect, when I have had delivery problems with UPS they were always resolved quickly, courteously and professionally. GO BROWN!

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments