Turnaround Time

Fedex claims they deliver at specific time frames, for specific amounts, for specific areas... they fall short so commonly.

I order an engagement ring. It ships Monday. Fedex says it will get there Thursday. Thursday comes and the ring only made it from NY to NJ where it stopped for 48 hours.

I call customer service to find out that it will be there today and just wait. Around the evening I call back and they said it will be there tomorrow which is today or Friday 12/04. I woke up this morning hoping to find the ring had been flown into Phoenix for delivery. Nope its still waddling in NJ with no updates.

This time the expected delivery date says "pending" instead of Thursday or Friday. So I call again, and the rep who spoke very little understandable English basically read a script to me stating it's on it's way. I then called the vendor that shipped it and they called Fedex. Apparently, Fedex responds honestly to their multi-million dollar accounts because they finally told the vendor that my ring won't be here until 12/08 or next Tuesday.

The rep stated that Fedex admits to being up to 4 days behind schedule. If they would have told me that in the first place I may not be so annoyed, but they lied to cover their butts hoping I would just forget. Fedex is guilty of false advertisement because they specifically give a time range for delivery based on area and a dollar amount. They continuously in my past experience and from these bloggers fail to meet their advertised service quality and time but fail to make it known to customers that they cannot meet this service level.

I will never use them or a vendor that utilizes Fedex again for ruining what was supposed to be here this weekend. They cannot take that back or make up for it.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Very poor customer service, False advertising and lying to customers.

Comments