I recently reviewed 3 latest billings from Fed Ex and noticed all 3 of them were changed from what was originally billed when I shipped the packages.All weights were verified by us at the time of shipping; here's what happened.

The first shipment was weight at 1 lb, I pulled the billing and Fed Ex changed it to 3 lbs, increasing the charge by a couple of dollars. Next, this shipment was weight at 5lbs and Fed Ex changed it to 16lbs - DOUBLING my original billing (I severely lost money on this order I shipped) and then the last one I pulled, Fed Ex 2lbs to 9lbs, hence adding on to the charge. I will be going through past billings and I am fairly certain I will be finding a pattern of this fraudulent practice. I trusted Fed Ex...

I gave them a direct billing to my credit card and I am sure I've lost some $ due to their fraulent business practices.DO NOT SHIP WITH FED EX

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments

FraudEx never again!I used the online quote system putting in exact dimensions and weight.

I get a bill on my credit card that is 4 times the quote. What is the point of getting the quote if they charge whatever they want?

They claim my package was 96" X 23" X 7" when it was actually 69" X 11" X 6".

They never gave me my money back but my credit card company did.I wonder how many transactions they get away with overcharging?

Sarasota, Florida, United States #684137

I shipped a headboard freight with fedex. .they quoted me off the weight, size and such and it included picking up at my company and pick up at the store when delivered..I had quotes for around 2-300 but fedex was 315 and thought a reputable name is best..needless to say that they pick it up and I pay right there with the credit card and then weeks later I get a bill for $72.83 and I call and they say I need my quote number to verify everything and luckily I had it because just a copy of everything else wasnt good enough..they try saying it must have been bigger or heavier but turns out I put heavier and bigger so then they said its a fuel charge and I say you picked it up and dropped it off at your fedex store just like the paper says and they DID NOTHING to date and I get no where and still receive bills every month or so..FEDEX INTENTIONLY RIPS OFF PEOPLE..do not us3!!

josephricafort

We were students doing our research study and we ordered electronic components from Digikey.We bought a device that cost $27 + FedEx shipping of $40 which is obviously greater than the item we bought.

We were shocked :eek to hear that we are going to pay $50 of taxes and unknown charges we didn't expect to take. Our $27 item was charged by FedEx for $77?

That's insanely inappropriate and unethical.:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain #591819

I hope we were alone on this but man after browsing the internet a bit, was I wrong !We are just trying to be charged near three times what was stated in the shipment calculator for our Intl Economy order.

To add to the evidences, before registering for this shipment online we were confirmed personally several times on a price of around $750 on different phone operators, all packages measured and weighted.

Even if they went for the most expensive Express option (which we did never authorize) there would still be about $400 of unexplained overcharges.This is after waiting near 4 hours for them in a self-storage for pick-up just to call them and discover their fantastic online pick-up website system decided to ignore our stated pick-up window limit and reschedule it at 12 at night !

Regarding my comment below, I was charged $240 to send a regular letter over night.Typically the charge is $25-35.

So it was very easy to spot the Fraud on my bill when I am twice charged $240 to send letters.What I will never know is how many mistakes I did not catch.

I have a small business.I use FedEx to ship paper insurance applications and letters, always less than 1 pound.

I was charged 35 lbs and 45 lbs on 2 flat rate envelopes I shipped within the past 3 months. There is no way any human being can make this mistake. After reading that this practice is common within FedEx, I will not use them ever again.

I was comfortable paying a high premium to use their service, but now I will just use USPS for Priority Mail.Cheaper, and I will not have to worry about catching fraud.

Our office does limited FedEx shipping, but with a monthly shipment of several indentically packed boxes of paper--reports and drawings.The boxes typically weigh between seven and eight pounds.

Almost every month, we get overcharged for false weights, frequently at 30 pounds. (I don't think that a large FedEx box absolutely stuffed to capacity with paper could weigh that much, as one could not fit even four reams of paper.) So, we learned early to weigh the boxes ourselves and mark the weight on the slips.

But they usually ignore it anyway, until we call to complain.This month, for identical boxes weighing 7.25 pounds, they charged us for weights ranging from ten to thirty pounds, again in spite of our having weighed and marked the weight.

I am calling the IRS on them!!I am a business and spend aprox 30-35,000 a year in shipping via all couriers.

Fed-Ex is the ONLY courier that is overcharging me by hundreds a year! I had to hire one extra employee just to keep up with the billing with Fed-ex. I am seriously outraged and will go further with this!

I encourage all of you to do the same!It's clearly THEFT!

I just shipped a Toshiba Thrive 10.1" Tablet via eBay and used FedEx ship manager on fedex.com to ship it.It weighed 6.4lbs and I put it in a box that had the dimensions written on it.

15 x 12 x 10 were the dimensions on the box. The cost for the shipment was $13.26. FedEx just charged me $126.50 for a 6.4lb box that had dimensions 42.4 x 35 x 15.4. WTF?!

She said the dimensions were manually entered twice she said.

A) Why would I ship a 10.1" Tablet (about the size of an iPad) in a box that big and B) Why on earth would a box of that size cost $126.50 anyways?

They said I have to wait for it to be invoiced before they can investigate it.

I shipped a letter byFEDEX envelope to another city in USA.The charge on the receipt $12.50 but they charged almost $27.

That is ridiculous.I will not use FEDEX anymore as they did this so many times and every time I spend an hour getting my overcharged money back from them.