On the International Air Waybill Contract for Fed Ex it states "By giving us this shipment, you hereby appoint us as your agent solely for performance of customs clearance and certify us as the nominal consignee for the purpose of designating a customs broker to perform customs clearance." It also says that local authorities may require additional paperwork and it is my responsibility to provide it.On September 24, 2010 I shipped 2 packages to China.

I made a mistake on the paperwork as it was the first time I had ever shipped items this large and more than one item at a time. I spoke with Fed Ex on September 28, 2010 when I saw that the packages were in Clearance Delay. They told me about my mistake and asked for new paperwork which I submitted right away that day. I upheld my portion of this contract by revising and submitting the necessary paperwork.

I called again on September 29th to ensure that the paperwork had been received and would be forwarded on to Chinese Customs. It is now October 22nd, 2010, 28 days after the original shipment of this package, which was sent Fed Ex Intl. PRIORITY Freight and one of the packages is still in clearance delay!! I have called and spoken with a trace representative 9 times since shipping this package to which I have received different answers almost every time regarding the status of this package- i.e.

(1) fed ex received my paperwork and everything is in order so it should only be a matter of time before it clears (19 days ago!!), (2) the package is delayed because of the Chinese Holiday (which ended 14 days ago!!), (3) fed ex received the paperwork but it doesn't appear that it was ever sent to Chinese customs (17 days after I submitted the revised paperwork!!), (4) the trouble is that the recipient needs to submit the correct paperwork (I have in contact with the recipient, she has done everything that they have asked of her!!)…. And yet 28 Days After shipping these packages, one still sits in customs. Not to mention the fact that I have been told I would be called back first thing in the morning THREE times and did not receive a call, or the fact that one customer service representative gave me her extension so that I didn't have to speak with different people every time, which by the way would have been a brilliant idea IF anyone in this establishment knew how to get me in touch with that extension!!! What it really comes down to is that I'm just wondering when Fed Ex is going to uphold their end of this contract and act as my agent for the performance of customs clearance.

Unless I'm mistaken an agent is someone who agrees and is authorized to act on behalf of another.

So WHEN is this establishment going to start acting on my behalf, with my best interests in mind, in my aid????

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments