Everything started after I decided to sell my Apple MacBook Pro (late 2013 model) to a friend. We agreed that she would pay me for my barely used one $3,000.00
Since we both don't live that close, we agreed that I will send it to her as a FedEx Express COD package, so she would get the MacBook and I would get the money order.
So on Tuesday 12/17/2013 I tendered the package to a FedEx Office in Downtown LA. The value was correct declared, the label was clearly visible and no one could tell that the content is a MacBook Pro (see picture 1).
The package was supposed to get delivered on Friday 12/20/2013 but it never arrived (see picture 2).
I called several times the customer service and they told me I should be patient. Okay I sent it during the holidays, delays can happen. I was assured that it would get delivered on Monday 12/23/2013. I had no worries.
On Monday 12/23/2013 it got, guess what, of course, not delivered.
So I called in again on Tuesday 12/24/2013. Since the package wasn't scanned since Thursday the week before I asked to connect me to the responsible FedEx location. The location manager assured me that the package is out for delivery but unfortunately the courier forgot to scan the package on his tour earlier this day but it would get delivered for sure.
Again nothing happened and Christmas passed by. After no new tracking scans nor delivery attempts I decided to file a lost package claim on Friday 12/27/2013 via email and also sent it in written form using good old USPS (see pictures 3 & 4). In case FedEx is reading this I'm talking about claim no 1227118326.
My friend was tired of waiting and bought another MacBook Pro somewhere else.
Now the waiting game started. FedEx says on their website they usually resolve every claim within 5-7 business days.
Unfortunately not my claim. So I called again the customer service and every time I got told to be patient and someone would call me back the next business day. First of all, I never received a call and after I called in (again) they told me the same thing like the day before (be patient and wait for our callback).
It's now over three weeks since I filed the claim and still no resolution. Apparently the claim is now under review by the cargo claims management. It seems FedEx tries to sit the situation out.
In the meantime my life goes more than south since I can't pay my bills anymore. I spent New Years Eve alone at home instead of going on a planned short trip with friends. I can't pay my utility bills. I'm going to lose my job since my car broke down and I can't pay either the repairs nor a rental car.
The only thing I'm asking for is finally a resolution of the claim or my MacBook Pro back.
I would sue FedEx in Small Claims Court but a) I don't have the money for it right now and b) how can I survive until the court date (it can take a little while in LA)?
If the package is lying in a corner of some facility just deliver it back to me!
I am more than PISSED! FedEx, just get your stuff together. If the MacBook was stolen it will NOT magically re-appear after more than a month. Just pay me. Period.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Delivery Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I expected to receive my FedEx package shopped on Walmart by Friday August 12th but didn’t. I called the FedEx customer service (800) 463-3339 and was told I need to..."
- "Got a shipment from FedEx today and see how they placed something that is well over 60 lbs. Is it too much to expect that a heavy shipment (or any..."
- "Now, before I go to far, the order was placed through Amazon. I've never had problems with them before. I placed my order Friday at 9:59 A.M. and paid the..."
- "Had candle burning in bathroom for 2 1/2 hours - smoke alarm went off. I went into bathroom to find candle engulfed in 6 inch flames. Doused with water to..."
- "Tainted Pageant I would like to share with all of you my story. You can say I am a beauty pageant aficionado. I have been to countless beauty contest, from small..."
- "I purchased my PetPlan dog plan on June 9, 2009, pre-paid for quarterly coverage and was charged after the 24 hour hold on June 10, 2009. A few weeks later..."
- "I lost 80 lbs in 2+ months. This Gastric Bypass ALTERNATIVE is amazing.I started at 430 lbs and now 350 lbs simply by following instructions and rules. No tricks.Amazing feeling..."
- "I brought a LG Stylo 2 phone at the end of Aug 2016, within the 1st month my SIM card went out for no reason, the company sent me..."
- "They do not respect lifetime warranty. I bought these HID Low and High beam. I did had a replacement about a year after I bought. And next year after still do..."