FedEx (again) - read how they managed it to destroy my life!
Everything started after I decided to sell my Apple MacBook Pro (late 2013 model) to a friend. We agreed that she would pay me for my barely used one $3,000.00
Since we both don't live that close, we agreed that I will send it to her as a FedEx Express COD package, so she would get the MacBook and I would get the money order.
So on Tuesday 12/17/2013 I tendered the package to a FedEx Office in Downtown LA. The value was correct declared, the label was clearly visible and no one could tell that the content is a MacBook Pro (see picture 1).
The package was supposed to get delivered on Friday 12/20/2013 but it never arrived (see picture 2).
I called several times the customer service and they told me I should be patient. Okay I sent it during the holidays, delays can happen. I was assured that it would get delivered on Monday 12/23/2013. I had no worries.
On Monday 12/23/2013 it got, guess what, of course, not delivered.
So I called in again on Tuesday 12/24/2013. Since the package wasn't scanned since Thursday the week before I asked to connect me to the responsible FedEx location. The location manager assured me that the package is out for delivery but unfortunately the courier forgot to scan the package on his tour earlier this day but it would get delivered for sure.
Again nothing happened and Christmas passed by. After no new tracking scans nor delivery attempts I decided to file a lost package claim on Friday 12/27/2013 via email and also sent it in written form using good old USPS (see pictures 3 & 4). In case FedEx is reading this I'm talking about claim no 1227118326.
My friend was tired of waiting and bought another MacBook Pro somewhere else.
Now the waiting game started. FedEx says on their website they usually resolve every claim within 5-7 business days.
Unfortunately not my claim. So I called again the customer service and every time I got told to be patient and someone would call me back the next business day. First of all, I never received a call and after I called in (again) they told me the same thing like the day before (be patient and wait for our callback).
It's now over three weeks since I filed the claim and still no resolution. Apparently the claim is now under review by the cargo claims management. It seems FedEx tries to sit the situation out.
In the meantime my life goes more than south since I can't pay my bills anymore. I spent New Years Eve alone at home instead of going on a planned short trip with friends. I can't pay my utility bills. I'm going to lose my job since my car broke down and I can't pay either the repairs nor a rental car.
The only thing I'm asking for is finally a resolution of the claim or my MacBook Pro back.
I would sue FedEx in Small Claims Court but a) I don't have the money for it right now and b) how can I survive until the court date (it can take a little while in LA)?
If the package is lying in a corner of some facility just deliver it back to me!
I am more than PISSED! FedEx, just get your stuff together. If the MacBook was stolen it will NOT magically re-appear after more than a month. Just pay me. Period.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Delivery Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I received my first home direct order of Shakeology, a health shake (food product, clearly marked on the box) at my new residence 2 weeks ago. The driver left the..."
- "FedEx is very unprofessional damaged box and one that we got before undamaged! & the driver says we're hard to find again very unprofessional. Sending pictures of the..."
- "Recently mailed some antique glassware and the box arrived broken and with puncture holes in the side. Out of the 30 pieces I shipped, only 15 arrived intact and some..."
- "Had candle burning in bathroom for 2 1/2 hours - smoke alarm went off. I went into bathroom to find candle engulfed in 6 inch flames. Doused with water to..."
- "Two Bad Experiences Are More Than Enough At Two Different Fatburgers! Can You Believe It! This afternoon being Thursday, July 23, 2015 at approximately 12:50 P.M., I went into the..."
- "We bought 4 BendPak auto lifts. The city demanded we get a permit for them. The inspector from the L.A. Dept. of Bldg. and Safety refused to issue..."
- "...We paid $3,000 for an extended warranty so we wouldn't have to deal with any repairs. WELL, neither Keystone or Holiday World of Dallas will come to the RV park..."
- "Hi i placed a order at 6:00pm today on December 2nd and the rep told me it will be about 20-30 minute wait for my order,i went to Dominos pizza..."
- "I ordered something on ali express and made payment through my debit card. Amount got debited from my account. but i cancelled order before verification. although payment has been made..."