Went online the other day to FedEx Ship Manager to send a package. Entered the weight, size and shipping information. Printed out a shipping label took it down to the local FedEx office and shipped it. Easy as pie right? *** no! Two weeks after the fact FedEx charged my credit card over 30% more than they quoted me!!@#@ They said it was a shipment to a home - surcharge, gas - surcharge and they didn't know it was outside some zone they made up - surcharge. I called FedEx to hopefully resolve the problem because you can broke in a hurry with 30%+ differences between quotes and final pricing.

Bottom line - they did nothing and had smart-*** attitudes. They said they were not the Post Office or UPS. An agent and then a supervisor said that!

Turns out, I could have shipped TWICE the weight for the original quote if I had used the US Postal Service.

Unless you like getting bushwhacked two weeks after the fact with surcharges DO NOT USE FEDEX! Their Ship Manager program is a ruse to suck you in. Use the Post Office or some other shipper.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments