I am a carpenter from Florida but currently residing in Tennessee.My shop, however, is still in Florida and I work whenever I visit my family.

My wife wanted a coffee table for Christmas and I thought it would be a great gift if I built her one. So, the next time I went home, I built her one using wood from a cherry tree that I had cut down in my back yard (I used to climb this tree when I was a child). Obviously, the table had extreme sentimental value and I was excited to be able to give it to her. Christmas day came and I gave her the table.

The day we flew back, I had my father take the table to a FedEx authorized shipper in my home town where it was packaged and shipped for about $100. When I recieved it several days later, it was in peices. It had to have been dropped from at least 20 ft. to sustain the damage that it had sustained as it was a solid peice of furntiture.

After filing a claim and waiting one month, FedEx offered me $143. Keep in mind that it cost me $100 to ship it in the first place. In other words, FedEx thought that my priceless peice of furniture was worth about 43 bucks.

A gift that I intended to give our grandchildren is now firewood.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments