I ordered an item from Woot.com who uses FedEx Smart Post. With this shipping method, your item is handed off to the USPS halfway through to deliver locally. FedEx issues a tracking number for their portion of the shipping, but once they hand it off to USPS - well, good luck. USPS is notoriously unreliable. If you are lucky, you'll get your package. Needless to say, I never received my package. I called FedEx Support line and got what I would guess is Peggy from the credit card commercials. He provided absolutely no help and refused to transfer me to a manager after I requested this many times. I ended up hanging up in disgust. I've dealt with very bad support before but this was the worst. Now I have no recourse. FedEx refuses to help even though they were paid for a service. USPS is beyond useless. Woot.com will only refund my money, not send another item.

The moral of this story:

Avoid FedEx. They can't even deliver packages - their sole purpose in life.

Avoid Woot.com. Yes, they have amazing deals but good luck ever getting your purchase.

Avoid USPS - but we knew that already.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments

I has the SAME experience with an item from Woot.Fed Ex claimed they delivered to the post office, post office claims all they got was a label.

Woot completely ignored my complaints. After three weeks of complaints to Woot, Fed Ex, and the Post Office, I finally instructed my bank to reverse the charges and filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Woot NEVER offered to re-ship or do one darn thing including give me my money back!

The most disgusting thing is I then discovered that the main office of Woot is about ten miles from my home.And they have NO customer service phone number whatsoever!

Fedex was paid for a service they did not deliver on. It is their responsibility to ensure any and all subcontractors deliver on that service.

It is not my responsibility to track down the subcontractor to track the package. This is Fedex's responsibility.

Fedex did deliver the package. They delivered it to the Post Office. Your problem is with the office, not Fedex.