1.8
Additional Fees

I created a shipper at FedEx.com to ship couple of documents to India.Based on Size, Weight and destination, the site gave me estimated charges to be $66.13.

I accepted that. But when I got my charge card statement, FedEx had charged me $100.43. So, I put that charge in the dispute. Couple months later FedEx comes back says I have to pay $100.43.

In reality, the size, weight and destination had been same, so why would actual charges be 52% higher than estimated charges? I wrote an e-mail to Mr Fred Smith, CEO of FedEx about this. Within few hours someone from executive office called. Their only argument is that on the shipper last paragraph has a statement about actual charges may be different than estimated and they are refusing to $66.13 charges.

They are not able to explain why actual charges are higher than estimated charges. I asked them to provide their response in e-mail or US Mail, but they refused to do that. I want to write to state AG's office to look into this type of practice where customers are charged excessively and company thinks they don't have to provide any explanation since they have statement like "actual charges may be different than actual charges".

Has anyone experienced this?Any suggestion on what I should do?

Thanks.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of very unhelpful to client. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss pricing issue of fedex international shipping and associated monetary loss in the amount of $34. FedEx needs to issue a partial refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned fedex international shipping in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at FedEx.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments