Fedex charged us $44K for just THREE DVD DISKS

948 of 3090 Fedex reviews

Update added by user Apr 14, 2015

Latest update: Fedex sent us a collection letter for $50K. I am look for a customer protection attorney for this case.

Original review posted by user Jan 28, 2015

We mailed 3 DVD disks to my friend in China.After the package got received, Fedex sent us an invoice saying that we owe them $44286.10.

We called the invoice department and the lady told us not to worry about the invoice so we just relaxed. One month later, another invoice came. It just said we have "passed the due of payment". This is ridiculous!

We went to their station and the guy in the station has zero knowledge of "invoice". The actual weight is 0.5 lbs, how did they get the weight of 4000 lbs? They said they "input the wrong height". But did they fix the error?

No.They did nothing but keep sending you bills.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
International Shipping
Review category
Shipping
review #587865 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Fedex? Submit review ›
Helpful? 7 Yes 7 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
948 of 3090 Fedex reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 09 #1224379 Dallas, Texas, United States

Would like an update on this.....
I would let them take me to court, and countersue!
A Judge would probably really chew them out!

0 0 Reply

Mar 07, 2015 #955114 Apex, North Carolina, United States

This may be a bit late but perhaps it will help someone in the future that also has this issue...
Companies such as this respond quickly usually to a local news station covering your story. Make certain that you show them ALL your paper work! Invite the news station to join you as you place a call or even visit their customer service location.
Around here these things get worked out quickly when our local news shows up.
Good luck!

6 1 Reply
John_2015

Feb 09, 2015 #943521 Centralia, Washington, United States

Take that bill to an Attorney, Class Action them because you can't be the only one. Thank you for showing this though, it lets people know to never ship "on account" not that I would ever ship anything with them again. I think they should have to pay you the difference between what it should actually cost and what they tried to charge you as well as admitting their fault. Of course the "fuel surcharge" is because they chartered a private jet for your 1/2 pound box.

3 0 Reply
thatskablamo

Jan 29, 2015 #938481

Oh dude, weak. I don't have any advice but I hope this gets sorted out. Delivery companies have started to become worse and worse the last few years. That price is OUT of control.
Keep us updated :(

2 0 Reply
ladeeda

Jan 29, 2015 #938160

Yeah, Heydrich, 'cause it's their fault FDX can't do their job... ***.

1 0 Reply
Heydrich

Jan 28, 2015 #938012

This is what happens when you make friends with people in China.

2 3 Reply
wangfengfight

Jan 29, 2015 #938418 Tempe, Arizona, United States

I believe this event has nothing to do with China. I am Chinese and I can tell you I have used many express services in China (S.F, YTO, etc). They have done much much better jobs than express services in US. You can always expect the package to be picked up for just one call and delivered before the end of the next day, regardless of weekends. And believe or not, Fedex is much cheaper in China. If I mail these disks from China to the US, it would only take me less than $20.

6 0 Reply
Heydrich

Sep 04, 2015 #1029458

I was just joshin' around. No offense meant.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.