Kathmandu, Bagmati
3.4K views

A friend attempt to send me a small cell phone while I was in Nepal. Although it was "guaranteed" delivery, it arrived two days late.

Then, they called my office and insisted that they couldn't deliver it unless I paid another 50 dollars to clear customs or 30 dollars if I wanted to pick it up from the airport myself. I live 2 hours away far from the airport, so I said I wanted to pay the 50 dollars, but for that, I had to go to the FedEx office and give them a form authorizing them to go to the airport, wait a week for them to go to customs and then I had to go back to the office to pick it up (even though I had a P.O. Box that it could have been dropped off at).

Ludicrous. Not using FedEx in Nepal ever again in Nepal AND telling me anybody who is sending me anything to put that they are sending a "book".

Review about: Fedex Delivery Service.

Comments

*** Nepal which is where a lot of your problem lies. Had a similar situation in Ecuador and tried to *** me for 250 USD.

Sorry guys, I know the president of FedEX Fred Smith.

Got that sorted out in a matter of hours. The local FedEx *** in many countries are franchise holdings.

Same exact thing happened to me when I sent phone to my brother there..extra 50 and they made him come from pokhara to khatmandu to customs and pay an extra 60 and then gave him an open package with different phone with packing material stuffed back inside and 3 dead phone batteries.

Fedex sucks and is a scam company, almost each item what you get the charge you around 50 % of the value of the item ! NEVER EVER AGAIN !

Kathmandu, Bagmati, Nepal #713325

DHL is more responsible!!!fedex sucks!!!i used it once ended up paying $210!!I'm pretty happy i started using dhl!!!never use fedex

Kathmandu, Bagmati, Nepal #680432

Hey is this above post still alive.. If so please help me...the thing is I want my brother to send me simple camera from which would cost like 2/3hundred $ and it would be very light weight + small Size...so I want to ask is can he send that camera here in Nepal using FeDex,DHL,TNT.

What would be the total cost like....? Please anyone answer me....

Pokhara, Gandaki, Nepal #671172

my wife wants to send send Samsung Galaxy S4 from usa.... what will be the cose and time to be delivered in Nepal...

how much tax should i pay to received it in Airport?? and is fedex secure to to send mobile phones to Nepal?

Kathmandu, Bagmati, Nepal #588094

what would be the cost 1 kg from nepal to u.s.what is the charges?i send herbs and some medicin and 2 shirt

to neeroj dhoj rana Columbus, Ohio, United States #595849

it cost RS 1500 per kg

What would be the cost of 779.99 $ cost laptop to shipped from USA to Nepal.

Is anybody there to calculate

to Praveen shrestha Kathmandu, Bagmati, Nepal #579084

Hi Praveen Shrestha,

You may please call at (1) 4481303 for details.

to Praveen shrestha Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States #972121

60 dollar to ship from usps.. has to pick up from kathmandu

what would it cost if i send a kit weighing 700gram from usa to nepal through dhl?

to anish Kathmandu, Bagmati, Nepal #579086

..Hi Anish, You may also please call at (1) 4481303 for details.

I had my university application sent to the U.S. through Fedex last week.

Although I got a call from someone in FedEx saying that the application had arrived at the university, I got an email from the university saying that they have not received it yet. I wonder what happened...

#219000

well all in fuc... nepal is the same *** im working with deputy prime minister and all are fuc....

corrupt now you can imagine the taxes here are the worst in the good dam universe ... but what to do with this rats with out education ???

good question is in it ? so lets enjoy it the pennis...

#199204

I sent a package to nepal and my friend was called by the post office and told that they had to pay 250 dollars for the package and they argued and then the guy called back and said 135 dollars sound like extortion. Is this legal?

Good information Ramesh, thank you.

@ Nabin could u provide us fedex airway bill number of that parcel that was delivered after 50 days. Normally it takes only 3 days if we send parcels from Nepal to USA if you use Genuine fedex rather than giving through other agents.

I work for a cargo company in Nepal since last 8 years and as far as i know FedEx is charging $ 30 to $ 50 which seems reasonable. As per Nepal Custom rule if u import Gift Items valued up to US $ 200 for individual then they would not charge additional Premium in declared invoice value ( If u are self present in Custom for clearance and convince that it is a Gift from you family or Frens and If u r not present then they might charge higher ) but you are liable to pay duty and Tax with addition 13% VAT for every import expect paper documents. In Nepal as custom rule agents requires authorization on behalf of consignee for the clearance then only they could clear your shipment. Regarding dropping your shipment in your P.O Box then you will never get it ;)..i guess and don't you know that FedEx Requires signature Proof for the Delivery. So how could they drop it in P.O Box. Even if you use EMS service you have it pick it up separately from there office with import TAX and they will not drop it in you P.O Box even EMS office and Post office is in same premises.

I have used FedEx for import many time in Nepal and They are the only one who is clearing shipment Fairly with all the valid import papers issued by Govt. ( FedEx Surely have provided you that, If you have not then you could ask for it.)

Lastly if they have cleared giving "UNDER TABLE" "BRIBE" then surely they could have charged u less then $ 30 or $50. But as far as my experience FedEx does follow that. Finally choice is yours either to spending your money for someone’s benefit as bribery or paying import TAX to your Govt. for your Country.

Hope u understand now.

The FEDEX is completely useless and irresponsible courier company..... we recommend to all friends not use this company....

i faced the same problem here in usa... my urgent consignment was coming from nepal and it should be here in usa around max 10 days but they deliver it me at 50 days later. i complained in lots f places...

there is not any listening.... so do not use this fedex