4.9K views

FedEx is such a garbage company. I swear to God only the brightest All Stars work for that company. I ordered items on Amazon Prime following the big shipping debacle of 2013. Normally my Prime orders ship USPS or UPS and show up in 2 days or in some crazy cases, 1 day. With Fedex, it's always some excuse or some delivery person acting like they are retarded (slow, not high functioning mentally).

Sewickley is outside of Pittsburgh and only about 45 minutes away from my address. Unfortunately that is where my local Fedex center is. On Saturday not only was there no snow or ice on the ground, but it was so warm that it was raining. I was expecting my package to arrive so I stayed around the house Saturday. I went on Amazon and checked my package tracking. It said that my package was loaded on the truck in the morning and returned to the center in the afternoon. The reason was weather. What a joke. Just admit that your driver was a lazy *** who didn't feel like coming out my way. I was supposed to have the package Saturday. It's now Monday. Nothing. The website now says that I should expect my package tomorrow. I'm not holding my breath. So my 2 day shipping turned into 4 day shipping due to Fedex sucking massive dong. My package apparently is still just chilling in Sewickley today for no good reason. 2 days late. Because Fedex sucks.

I bet my delivery guy will be driving an unmarked truck or one from a rental place like always. I guess fedex is too poor to give their drivers real trucks. What a home of a company.

Look at this chain of events:

- 12/28/2013 - Saturday

Shipment information sent to FedEx

6:22 pm

Picked up

Select time zone

On another date earlier this year, I ordered vertical blinds. The item was supposed to show up on a Thursday. FedEx made a surprise delivery on Wednesday. They did not bother to knock or ring a doorbell and were creeping around the neighborhood in a Budget rental car moving van. I was home. They "smartly" placed my vertical blinds directly in front of my garage door on the ground. Keep in mind that I have 2 covered porches which are easily accessible (UPS and USPS guys find them every time). So, without knowing that a delivery was made and without being notified, I come rolling out of my garage to go to work and felt my front tires hitting something. Well, it was the blinds. Bent.

Luckily blinds.com replaced and shipped new ones for free. They even agreed with me that FedEx is a company run by retards, but that they had no choice but to use them. Apparently word got down the chain of their colossal joke of a "delivery" and the blinds were on my covered front porch unharmed where they should have been 6 weeks prior.

So, with these 2 jokes of delivery service this year and the videos of their drivers tossing packages online, I am convinced now more than ever that FedEx is horrible and delivery by a horse drawn carriage or sled dogs would be more efficient and trustworthy than them.

Comments

aleksey

Weather delays may not have obvious sources. If it is raining at your home and near the hub there is 3ft of snow FedEx will not be delivering.

Even a downed tree could be a reason that the only reasonable route is blocked.

P.S.

Sorry about 1041590. It was for another post.

aleksey

Looks like another customers package was leaking in transit and your package might have been caught in the belt. Somebody must have let it slip past without correction by mistake.

You are so funny!

I ship regularly to Puerto Rico, Sometimes 2000 to 3000 lbs at a crack International Priority for delivery the next day. They usually do a pretty good job, But in the event I track and see a problem, I pull up the 24 hour weather for Chicago,Memphis and San Juan.

Once they pull the "WEATHER' excuse, I ask them where I can e-mail the weather reports.

They will not bill me for any charges once I prove that there was no bad weather. Sure it *** them off, But soon my shipments will be the first on the plane as they obviously do not like to give your money back.

Only ever had a bad experience with FedEx, not sure why they're still in business. They take hours to update their tracking information.

I ordered an item that was supposed to be picked up Friday. The tracking showed they got the information and a label was created at 5am, then no more updates the whole day. I called FedEx and they tell me the shipper hasn't dropped it off then. I contact the shipper and he says it was picked up.

Finally, at 2am on Saturday it showed as being picked up on their website. The package was in New Brunswick, NJ, an hour away from me. FedEx decides to ship it to another state, Allentown, PA, 1.5 hours in the opposite direction. The estimated delivery was Wednesday.

Then 2 days later, they update saying it is in Edison, NJ, 10 minutes away from where it was dropped off. On top of that, they delayed the shipment to Thursday. What kind of a joke of a company is this? Why does it take them about a week to ship a package to a location an hour away?

What kind of logistics has them driving the package in the opposite direction, storing it for 2 days, and then shipping it back near the original location and delaying the shipment.

What a horrible company, always had a horrible experience with them. Why do people still use them?

CWade2015
Lisbon, Ohio, United States #955011

they just did the same thing to me today, Friday . package on truck for delivery, nice day outside no snow on the roads....because the package is over 50 lbs the driver just didn't want to deliver it alone and took it back to the hub . now my package is sitting on the truck all weekend until Monday and I have to wait another day home from work waiting and hoping that my package is delivered .

Shut your *** complaining *** up. Trust me Fedex cld care less about ur blog or sob story.

Eat a ***-- tk your crying *** to DHL or UPS. Trust FedEx is not missing your money or your complaining *** so beat it. Fckn 1 Percenter's kill me. U think Fedex cares bout u compared to the millions of pckgs delivered correctly?

Ur blog is meaningless not to mention is wasting domain space. Get a life...

Mckeesport, Pennsylvania, United States #954409

Actually fedex ground and home delivery only require that their temp drivers operate rental vehicles from budget uhaul or enterprise to keep the cost down when the drivers arent needed anymore thru the year they wont have company vans just sitting around. All the other trucks marked fedex are actually owned and operated buy the route owner or his/her employee. None of us drivers actually worked directly for fedex between ground and home delivery due to union issues

to Gav #954673

Tht is not entirety true. It varies by state and statute.

Some states run under ISP models and some don't. Most ppl dnt even know FedEx is a franchise and they only use rental trucks wen volume is greater than normal or a truck is dwn.

Supplemental drivers are used but r kept as permanentl pt employees with the exception of peak season in which volume is detrimentally higher than normal. The use of rental trucks has nothing to do with employee turn over only volume.

High Falls, New York, United States #936301

Same *** happened to me. Supposed to get my package on Saturday, but it snowed the night before.

So they put my package in the van, and at 3 o'clock I get a notification saying it was delayed due to inclement weather. Really? 2 inches of snow the night before is inclement weather? Now it's delayed till Tuesday, but we're supposed to get a really bad nor'easter starting Monday.

So I am pretty sure I won't be getting this package until Wednesday. I sure love FedEx.

to Gray #936382

Same thing literally happened to me. We got roughly 2 inches of snow on Friday, it melted off the next day.

Got a notification around 3PM Saturday that it was delayed for weather conditions and wouldn't be here til Tuesday. Wtf happened to Monday? Do they not ship on Mondays now? Now there is no snow on the ground and it's decent outside.

I don't understand it.

Meanwhile UPS is on their way here today. What a joke of a company.

to anond #1041582

FedEx Home Delivery service is not performed on Mondays.

Same horrible service here too, company epidemic.

Princeton, New Jersey, United States #767346

FINAL UPDATE: 1/2/14 - Fedex finally delivered today after I called them yesterday. 6 days late. I find it pretty funny because last Saturday they put my package on the truck for delivery but never brought it and claimed a "delivery exception due to weather" when there was no snow on the ground and it was 45 degrees. So today, in the middle of our area getting 4-7 inches if snow and the temperatures in the teens, they deliver my package with no problem! See Fedex, you can do it!

The call center people were helpful. They told me that they could not figure out why a weather issue would have delayed my package when there was no sever weather and why my package has been sitting untouched with no delivery attempts 45 minutes away from my home for 5 days. Thumbs up to Fedex customer support phone agents, thumbs up to the driver who delivered today (that is, f they weren't the original one who was too lazy to bring my package out Saturday. In that case, FUUUUCK YOU!).

And a big FUUUUUCK YOU to the Fedex warehouse employees in Sewickley, PA for leaving my box sitting for 5 days with no updates.

Also, a huge FUUUUUCK YOU to the Anonymous Fedex employees who troll and talk *** on my posts and the posts of other customers who are sharing their stories of Fedex fails. Get a life and a job that you can be proud of. Defending your company so poorly and insulting your customers makes your company look even worse.

Hopefully I never have to post about Fedex here again.

I do my job sir. BTW, is express or ground delivering them.

Huge differences in company factions.

It was light out? That's worse than running them over in the dark stevie wonder.keyboard tough guy.

to Anonymous Butler, Pennsylvania, United States #767067

If you do your job (deliver items on time, notify customers of arrival, don't leave boxes in idiotic places like in front of a garage door) then why are you fighting with me? This site is for talking about Fedex employees who DONT do their jobs.

to Jack Longrod Mckeesport, Pennsylvania, United States #954412

We're like the police honestly so if keep talking *** about then your *** will never make it on time

to Anonymous Butler, Pennsylvania, United States #767070

And it's always Fedex home delivery. Always some Nigerians driving around in Budget rental trucks.

And yeah I guess I am a keyboard tough guy.

Cause fedex drops and runs (that is if they attempt delivery at all) and never sticks around for me to be able to talk to them! :)

Connellsville, Pennsylvania, United States #766760

UPDATE: Just called Fedex and the guy told me that they "were supposed to attempt delivery yesterday and the day before but for some reason didn't (GREAT EXPLANATION, GENIUS)", so he put in a request for them to delivery tomorrow. So he pretty much confirmed that my package has been chilling at the local warehouse for 4 more days now, untouched.

I'm still waiting for some Nigerian immigrant to jump out of a rental van (Fedex is too cheap for real trucks) and deliver my *** item. 5 days late.

Were you driving with your headlights off or your eyes closed? Blame everyone but yourself. Get out and lug em in yourself from the store.