Covington, Indiana
13.5K views

I ordered an item online on October 11th. My item shipped from seller on October 12th and was shipped Fedex.

I paid for the product. I have tracked my package and it's on "clearance delay" in Memphis, TN. My expected delivery date was October 18th. It is now October 19th and my item is still on "clearance delay".

When I called Fedex, I was transferred 3 times and was finally told that my order had been part of a large shipment that was being "looked through" and would be released within 5 days. I am still waiting and my order is still in delay!!! My item is needed by October 27th.

I think Fedex should pay for my item if they can't get it to me by the time I need it!! This is ridiculous!!

Review about: Fedex Delivery Service.

Comments

If you file a claim online within 15-30 days of receiving your package you might be able to get a check for declared value depends on how much your shipper declared it for!

LadyScot

Sounds like an international customs clearance issue. No shipping company can get around it.

Blame your government not your shipper. OR, buy domestically and not have the hassle.

It's not just a FedEx problem.. my package is currently sitting in the UPS warehouse in Louisville KY waiting on FDA clearance.

Yea same here FedEx sucks hopebto never use them again. Its total ***

to Anonymous #1059497

you are an ***. Its a government regulation.

Not a fedex problem not a ups problem.

Its the goverment making sure weird *** doesn't make its way to the us. You people are really dumb.

Collierville, Tennessee, United States #874188

You shouldn't blame FedEx, the international laws for imports are what's holding up your shipments. People forget that it's a privilege, not a right, to get your shipment imported without a government agency holding it for review.

I don't work for FedEx, but I work in the industry.

I think that if you took more time to read up on import laws you would be a little more understanding that FedEx has absolutely no control over what a government agency does. You also need to remember that these laws and practices are in place to help protect us and keep us safe.

to Anonymous Chicago, Illinois, United States #968752

I disagree. My company shipped with UPS for years and we never had any problems.

Switch to FedEx and half our shipments over the last couple of years have gone in to clearance delays for absolutely no reason at all. They claim there is no commercial invoice when there are several copies of signed commercial invoice on company letter head. We actually started putting the invoices in several locations on the outside of the package clearly marked in bright red letters COMMERCIAL INVOICE. Didn't make a difference.

Yes there are international laws that ultimately are the ones who put the hold on, but its the job of the FedEx customs broker to work with the government agencies. And that is where FedEx fails!

to anyone but fedex Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana #1231146

So right , Fedex should work with the customs for a better services.

My bifocals were supposed to be delivered today Friday the 19th. My shipment is delayed with those others who are hung up by the FDA or customs in Memphis.

Now the FDA is meddling in our right of free commerce. This govt is most certainly fouled up. Aliens running rampant in every county and city, and my glasses from Canada are being scrutinized.

How dumb is this!! Ann in Carson....NV

to Ann Brooklyn, New York, United States #945079

I have sunglasses being held up as well and I have a trade show in 2 days..a $2,000 investment will be lost as well as countless opportunities..I couldn't be more angry about this

to Anonymous #1075889

Never again ship through FedEx .. Worst shipping company and worst customer service...

to Ann Seattle, Washington, United States #1275528

Bingo!

Everything was going along just fine after a manufacturing delay with my glasses and Coastal had taken measure to get them overnighted to me... now this ***.

Someone is asleep at the wheel.

Frustrating. Up to 7 business days I am told.

FEDEX IS THE WORST COMPANY TO IMPORT WITH. GO DHL OR UPS.

FEDEX BROKER IS ALWAYS SLEEP ...ZZZZZZZZZZZ

i track my package in july 19 2013 and it say that is was in memphis for customs. they delay the process and lost my package.

they ask me for some pictures of the package and what was inside. i send them all the information they needed. after 2 weeks they told me that they can give me 95 dollars for my package because the customs in memphis they lost my package. they told me that they are going to pay me that amount for now and they were going to still looking for my package.

its already pass 5 months and no answer. my tracking number is796241869109 and i don't know what to do. i am very sure that they open and delay the package until the point to make it lost.

if anyone can help me i will appreciate. my email address is plazataxco@hotmail.com thank you very much have a nice week

I, too am pissed with this worthless company they call FedEx!!! I ordered an ostrich skin bag from Switzerland and it's being held on "clearance delay" with the excuse that I need to fill out an application for a license, as in business license!

This bag is for my personal use and I am NOT running a business for exotic skins. Ostrich are not on the endangered list, either!

I may have to now ship back the bag I wanted so bad because of their stupidity. Fish and Wildlife need to focus on more important things than one single handbag!!!

Alviso, California, United States #687005

I feel you right now I order something online like June 23

Shipped on July 11 and now it's July 25 and still delay it was suppose to come on the 22nd. :(

Sacramento, California, United States #598068

I saw the evening of Jan. 22nd that an eyewear prototype coming from Italy was delayed pending clearance by the FDA.

I panicked, because I know how these things can go with the F** :( **G federal government, and I needed the sunglasses in several days for a meeting with investors to fund my newly formed business. I googled for info and ended up here, finding the horror stories. :upset I called US Customs in Memphis right away. 901-544-0291.

They answered immediately, were very helpful, but had no record of holding the package. They directed me to call FedEx Trade Networks at 901-752-3000. I spoke to a woman who took my tracking number and transferred me to someone else's voicemail. I left a message, never heard back.

Called 3 more times and left more messages, no response. I was pissed and worried. I emailed my manufacturer to make sure the proper paperwork was included, which it was, and almost told them to produce and rush 2 more prototypes by DHL and UPS. But then, late tonight, the package cleared.

It spent about 24 hours pending clearance.

:roll Relieved. In another 24 hrs I'll be 8)

FedEx are advising there are customs delays and that the commercial invoice is incomplete. They often call the shipper asking for manufacturing details and specifications of the item, ie knitted or woven etc. Once these details are provided they often do not update their system and misinform the recepient that they have not ben contacted by the company that is shipping items and therefore casuing extremem frustration and anger.

After investigating further it seems that there has recently been a new procssing centreor a new contract in Memphis that is stopping items and asking for further info from senders as they are getting a cut off the customs fees (basically they are somehow profitng from stopping parcels ad causing delays).

Rather worrying as this rogue FedEx contractor is taking part in corrupt business practice. Will be reporting this to trading standards etc for investigation and certainly thiss shoul be publicised. It causes bad relationships between customers and companies and above all frustration for the recepient who has after all paid a premium for fast shipping which the raison detre of FedEx; else what is the point in using them.

whether it's fedex's fault, coastal's fault, anyone's fault for that matter, I am personally done with coastal because I have spent COUNTLESS times talking to the people working at coastal telling me that my 'replacement' pair was being processed, then I was told by another one that I needed to reorder the replacement, then I was told it was being processed, then i was told to wait for an email saying when it was shipped, then that never came, then I talked to a lady tonight and was less then friendly and she told me my order shipped 'earlier today' hmmm i ask why wasn't I emailed like I was told I would be? she told me because the email system is turned off right now for updates?

how convenient that it would be 'turned off' on the day my item supposedly shipped. this whole website is sketchy in more then one ways and I am not holding my breath that my order is going to come, I feel they are just telling me what I want to hear to shut me up but my new frames are really non exsistant. Glad some people got their replacements though, at least the whole lost shipment wasn't a total loss. but they lost my business for sure!

ok... rant over :)

I see a lot of anger on here directed towards Coastal and not at any of the other parties involved in the clearance delay. I would like to share my experience since it is distinctly different from most that I have read here.

After initial disappointment and wondering what was going on I received a message asking me to call their customer service to which I was notified that not only were they refunding my shipping cost, they had issued an extra $50 credit to my coastal account, and since my frames were out of stock I was allowed to choose ANY pair of frames they carried as an absolutely free replacement. So, currently a company has given me a free pair of glasses, refunded my previous order, and given me a $50 store credit, and if the customs shipment ever clears I will have gotten a second pair of free glasses.

All in all, yes I have waited almost a month for my glasses but I think they responded very appropriately to a bad situation. Could Coastal have responded sooner, absolutely, but they have made it clear that they are doing everything they can to make up for a bad experience for both the customers and the company.