I was to receive a and heat sensitive package via FedEx from a location in Iowa. I personally contacted the hub in Iowa where the package was dropped off to ensure that it was to be PICKED UP at the hub at my location (package was overnighted to me). Due to the fact that the package was heat sensitive and very valuable, I did not want it in the truck for delivery (my packages never arrive on time via truck, sometimes as late as 4:00 pm).

I checked the package tracking number and it said that my package was dropped off and departed from SOUTH DAKOTA, where it then traveled to various cities far out of the route that it should have taken to get to me. I called customer service to ask about this issue and see if this was common or if I should be concerned and the woman literally hung up on me after telling me that the package had the right address on it and would arrive on time... Which was not my question. I called back and asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold where my call was then disconnected.

The next morning I arrived at the hub to find that they had NOT held the package for pick up, but instead had put it on the hot truck for a day of long deliveries. I received the package midday: the delivery man arrived, sat the package in full sunlight upside down on the porch (despite the box having upward arrows stating that it contained Perishables and had Live Animal/Harmless Reptile stickers on it). Luckily, the animal was well packaged and in good health. The box was clearly labeled to hold at the hub in my city for pick up.

I will definitely be trying to find a new route of shipping/receiving precious packages such as this. This is not the first issue I have had with their customer service / tracking / delivery.

Review about: Fedex Pick Up Service.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments