My wife and I are both disabled and home bound. We've lived in our current home for over 2yrs and had the same horrible FedEx driver the entire time. Any package that requires a signature for delivery the driver runs to the door posts a door tag and runs without ever ringing the doorbell or knocking. I have 2 large dogs that bark when anyone rings the bell and today at 11:22am when his door tag says he was here we were sitting on the couch watching TV.

This is the 10th package that he has done this. The last package that didn't require a signature he put in our garage without letting us know he had even delivered it and it took us a week before we found it and ended up filing with the store to get a replacement. We complained to FedEx and this is all their customer service rep had to say.

***************************************************************

Response (Felino T.) - 01/25/2012 04:03 PM

Dear Mr G********:

Thank you for contacting FedEx. We regret any inconvenience.

According to our records, FedEx was instructed to acquire a signature to complete this delivery. Your package is due to be redelivered on January 26, 2012, no later than 7:00 PM.  If we are unable to complete the delivery at that time, FedEx will make two additional attempts redeliver your package.

If you will not be available to sign for this shipment, please be advised of the following options:

1. You can sign the door tag left by our driver to authorize release of this shipment.

2. You can have someone aside from yourself to be available to sign for the shipment (relative, neighbor or building manager).

3. You can request for the package to be delivered at a later date.

4. You can request for the package to be held at the terminal for pickup.

If you decide to choose options 3 or 4, please email back with the following information:

"¢ Complete name and address of the shipper (for verification)

"¢ Your complete address and contact information

"¢ Your preferred date of delivery

As soon as this is received, we will send a message to the appropriate managements and advise them of your request.

We hope to hear from you soon.  Thank you for shipping with FedEx.

Felino T.

FedEx Customer Service

***********************************************************************

This didn't answer my complaint at all! Do they not even value their customers enough to read the complaints? Instead they just send blanket responses? If the driver hadn't turned me off from ever using their service again then their customer service definitely has!

Review about: Fedex Delivery Service.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments

UPS > Fedex. Fedex will go down soon!

dakotablue74

Look online, it tells you where the package was left.No reason for the driver not to try and get signature, why would he want to come back out the next day?

Drivers don't have to knock when they deliver a package, FedEx will not contact anyone about discipline with regards to lack of knocking.

As long as scanner location was correct ( garage, front door, etc), the driver is cleared to leave it unless signature is required ( indirect or Direct).Sign the door tag, they will leave the package.

Wow its been a whole 2 days and it happened again today!!This time my wife and I were at the window the moment we heard the truck coming down our street.

She continued to watch while I tried (Unsuccessfully) to run downstairs to catch him. Unfortunately he was speeding away like he was driving a getaway car and there was my doortag... This is RIDICULOUS!!

And customer service acts like its nothing.I never get a callback from a Manager like I request and I get an email stating that "The Driver's depot has been notified of your complaint" but what good does that do it never changes!