FedEx Delivery Exception - "Customer Not Available or Business Closed" - LIE

2938 of 3218 Fedex reviews

I spent the entire day waiting for a package. At 5:01 pm the Tracking screen reports: 2:41 "Customer not available or business closed" This is an unadulterated LIE.

Not only have I been here all day, but the place has had people in-and-out of it all day long. Cars are in the lot, the doors are unlocked. There is NO WAY that the diver could have thought the offices were closed or that nobody was here. The lazy *** *** just didn't want to get out of his truck.

Also, note ... the "Exception" report was filed online at 5:01 pm, but claimed the attempt was made at 2:41 pm. Why did they wait so long to file that report, if not to make it impossible for me to call and have them re-hit the delivery?

I'm sorry. I am one very angry guy right now. This is not the first time I've had problems with Federal Express and their flat out lying. I will NEVER, EVER, use them again.

I hope the lying stack of excrement driver of the truck gets lost ... like Tom Hanks in Castaway.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 54 Yes 54
2938 of 3218 Fedex reviews
Yup

Feb 11 #1285310 New Orleans, Louisiana, United States

Same ole ***. FedEx driver did the same *** to me. 24 hour operation business . delivery exception business closed..... My business is 24 freaking hours opened.

Dec 24, 2016 #1260136 Paramount, California, United States

Schedule delivery day was today
Friday 12/23/2016 by 8pm I called the warehouse were my package was coming from In the city of industry CA and they informed me that they gave my package to FedEx on Wednesday so I need to know we're is my package it's a
Christmas gift for my daughter
My contact number is 562)234-8454

Dec 21, 2016 #1259181 Great Neck, New York, United States

Been waiting home all day for my sons Christmas gift and checking the tracking it says out for delivery since 7:30am to saying "Customer not available or business closed" at 7:30pm the bell never rang or anything I was looking outside periodically truck never even came by and usually my dog barks when someone opens fence gate dog never barked during that time frame FEDEX is a bunch of lazy *** artists

Sep 03, 2016 #1207577 Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States

My story is the same as everyone else, I sat here ALL DAY, I didn't go to the store for things I needed because I was here WAITING for fedex, They NEVER showed up but still the tracking says "Customer not available or business closed" Nothing but a bunch of lies!
A company with so much disregard for their customers should be put out of business.

Jan 16, 2016 #1095688

That's same *** just happened to me I ordered it to my dads business and they said the same *** "customer unavailable or business closed we are open all dumb day wtf is the ***

Poirot

Mar 31, 2015 #966286 Rockville, Maryland, United States

I was expecting that they would get it right this time, but I was wrong. I have been sitting here since 3pm. I checked the status, and there is the big red exception, not at home or closed. They didn't even try to knock on the door. What a business model. I called in and told them the driver didn't even knock at the door or try to contact me. Doubt it will come to anything, but at least it will be in the circular file. I refuse to go to them to pick it up at the depot. Thats an hour one way. I paid good money to have it shipped to me, they had better well deliver to me.

Mar 22, 2015 #961971 Lemoore, California, United States

Happened to me multiple times. It is the independent contractors working for fedex that do this many times driving Penske trucks. They don't get paid by the hour so if they don't feel like working too many hours they use this excuse.

Jake

Jul 14, 2014 #840317

YUP! It happened to me. It's flat out lies. I was home all day waiting for an aquarium heater that my fish NEED to survive. I had my door partially open and my windows open so I could see the lazy douche drive by. I'm convinced he never even entered the housing complex.
At 8pm I'm thinking alright something's not right so I check the tracking number and it says "customer not available". Wow, what bull****!!!!
Ended up going to PetCo and purchasing a new (and unreasonably expensive) heater for my fish today.
Thanks, FedEx, you've screwed me yet again.

7 0 Reply
Cookie Monster

Jul 09, 2014 #838333 Plant City, Florida, United States

Allow me to be honest about the package regarding "Delivery exception". In my neighborhood I have a lazy, no good, dumb-***, cant read USPS driver. Mail is delivered to wrong address ALL THE TIME, but being 300lbs Im sure does not help. Getting her fat *** out of the truck and walking to the front door to deliver a package would be too much to ask. The saying Rain, Sleet or Shine needs to change to Fat, Lazy or ***! The entire neighborhood has expressed concerns with USPS and she is still here making the deliveries. So to be honest, Im not surprised I received this message today. Maybe if I hang a sign out front FREE COOKIES I might be able to get rid of the mailbox all together.

4 0 Reply
Spencer

Jun 21, 2014 #830035

Same thing; I bought Amazon prime for a reason, to get my two day shipping. I bought two things on Monday this week, one shipped UPS, one FedEx. The UPS one came Wednesday, on time. FedEx never came and I got this exception, although was home all day, same thing Thursday, now Friday. Not even a single knock on the door, and I've even been outside doing yard work and haven't seen a truck. Why exactly am I paying for two day shipping to have you blame it on me?

4 0 Reply
Alex

Jun 20, 2014 #829539

Happened today in Fort Worth. Waiting all day, truck never showed up, then they post that I wasn't there. My wife said she's had this happen numerous times with FedEx.
The major sticking point is that someone falsified the delivery exception - it was the company's fault, yet they are blaming the end user/customer. That's why people are upset about this tactic.
I will be choosing UPS from now on and telling this story to everyone I know.

Wayne

Jun 14, 2014 #827544

Happened today 6/14/2014 - near Atlanta, GA. Driver's are lying and falsifying delivery information. What's bad is they are getting away with it.

6 0 Reply
V F

Jun 12, 2014 #826943 Midlothian, Virginia, United States

I had the this same BS toda. I got home to find out that my husband was home at the time of delivery, I was still on the phone with FedEx location manager and no proper paperwork was ever found. No flyer of his "delivery" was found. I went online to check tracking messages and found out that he was in another city, making my delivery at non-existing address, and *** enough to post it on tracking file, ***! I had explained to managers that it was parishable products in the amount of $400 in there and I need them to be delivered today. He egnored my worry and said it would be delivered next day by 9 pm . I was furious.0, it will go bad by then. Company is ***, ignorant. If they don't like their jobs - get the *** out! Let other people work, people that understand what cutover service is.

Pistoff

Dec 27, 2013 #764526 Armada, Michigan, United States

It's been about 15 years since the screwed me and still to this day will refuse to use them. I bought a painting while in Florida after paying for insurance so it make it back to Michigan it arrived broken. After complaining they sent a carrier back who then before he loaded it back in his truck dumped the glass in the middle of my driveway I mean wtf? You kidding me??? Then after complaining the only right thing they did is send someone out and pickup the glass. Oh it gets better after waiting about a month or so they had no recollection of anything. I misplace the receipt so had nothing. So no painting or cash I was out of. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Aug 01, 2013 #691470 New York City, New York, United States

Exact same thing happens to me on a weekly basis. Amazon chooses the delivery company and when they choose FED EX I NEVER GET MY PACKAGE. At about 5:30pm I will get a delivery exception notice for 2pm. FedEx is a terrible company compared to UPS.

Mind0Master1

Jun 07, 2013 #661813 Fremont, California, United States

I had the same experience: 2 deliveries were scheduled by Fedex for today but none showed up. Instead I got these in both Fedex tracking logs:
2013-06-07 2:37pm "Customer not available or business closed"
2013-06-07 4:05pm "Customer not available or business closed"

These statements are a lie, the truth is Fedex driver did not attempt a delivery on that day: I've been home all day and no one knocked or left a door tag.

Wes

May 22, 2013 #654881 New York City, New York, United States

I had the same experience and I am very upset myself. I spent the whole day waiting for the package to arrive and it didn't. And now, after 6pm, I see a notice on the fedex tracking page that says

12:08 pm
Delivery exception

BROOKLYN, NY

Customer not available or business closed - Please contact local Post Office to pick up or reschedule delivery

What nonsense! Absolute rubbish. I was here all day. Not once did I hear the bell ring. And why update the tracking page so late? Why waste 6 of my precious hours if your guy was really here at 12:08 and couldn't find me? Horrible service.

Fedex-Lies

Mar 06, 2013 #619030 Fairbanks Ranch, California, United States

I just had the same experience with fedex been waiting for two packages, first attempt around 11am said Customer not available or business closed via email update. Second attempt I waited at my house with the front door open and the screen door shut and still updated with the same not available. I live in a culdesac, and it not like we dont see cars come in and out. So I called their customer service, apparently they had one in SG and now its disconnected, found the US one told the guy what happened, he said they will attempt another delivery tomorrow. I said I will just pick it up at a location near me. Apparently they do self serve pickup at a nearby kinkos which I still have to wait for a phone call from them so I can pick my packages up. Fedex I wonder what can brown do for me!!!

I hate FedEx

Jan 11, 2013 #592241 Hartford, Connecticut, United States

Ordered a camping bed from Walmart. Was supposed to be delivered to my home between Jan 4th and 9th. Nothing Jan 4th. Tracked package and saw it was on the truck on the 5th for delivery. On Jan 5th i sit ALL DAY like a bird in a cage. Waiting, looking out of my 3rd floor window.
Customer service was called every hour on the hour. 5pm, 6m, 7pm, 8pm. When I called after 8pm after there was still no bed delivered, and the female who answered the phone was caught laughing as she picked it up. She stated 'oh no miss, they deliver up to 11pm'. Highly unlikely... But i decided to wait up anyway. I needed my bed.
I called at 9pm, 10pm, and 11:15pm. Reached an answering service now where nobody speaks english apparently and reached a man named Jose. I asked him when they would try to redeliver, she said 'Tuesday 8th. "
Um, its Sat 5th. I get Sunday the 6th its closed, but What happened to Monday??? Did they just skip a day just because??
I asked when their office was notified the driver wouldn't make the delivery. He stated 'sorry maam, there was no notification.' I said 'yeah, i wasn't notified either.' I mean, no door tag, nothing- like my order never entered the truck like the internet said.
I told them i was refusing shipment and would be calling Walmart to get a full refund. Then i asked to file a complaint, which I did after waiting on hold 40 minutes for a supervisor. He aid he would give me the station number to also complain to
... Show more

1-20 of 47 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.