On two separate occasions over the past month, Fedex has refused to deliver packages to my apartment unit, even though I am home and can easily answer the door. Fedex drops them off at the manager’s office, lying to them that I am “not home,” without knocking on my door or leaving a door tag, or probably even coming up to see if I am home. I live on the third floor, so it involves climbing two flights of stairs. Many other residents in this complex who live on the second and third floor are reporting similar complaints of Fedex finding many ways to avoid delivering packages to their door, presumably out of laziness. The apartment manager confirms many such reports, so it isn’t just me. It is always Fedex.

This time, the package that Fedex dropped off was a large box of perishables that would not have lasted until Monday. They dropped it off late in the afternoon today—a Saturday—at an office that was soon closing and would not reopen until Monday morning. It was only by my own luck that I caught the staff on their way out and was able to retrieve the box, which I myself had to then carry across the apartment complex and up the stairs. But at least I caught it, only because I had been waiting all day here for the delivery, and also because they have pulled this stunt before so I suspected what they had done—ditching the package in the office because it was easy and effortless for them.

I am completely fed up with Fedex and will never use them again. I have received no help from the main line when I have called voicing these complaints, except the standard line that they will initiate a tracking that will take 24-48 hours. That would not help with perishable food products that may sit in a warm office that is closed until Monday morning. This is deplorable behavior by a company that used to value service to its customers.

Review about: Fedex Delivery Service.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments

Tampa, Florida, United States #789768

Have you complained to FedEx?Maybe the driver's manager(s) isn't aware of the situation.

The driver is required to deliver (and pickup) packages on time ... not report details of every stop on his/her route. FedEx isn't in business to *** their customer's off.

Complain to FedEx ...your local office if not too inconvenient.