Maryville, Illinois

We've been having this problem with FedEx for some time now.A few months back my husband was sitting right next to the door because we were expecting a wine shipment (an adult has to be there to sign) when he heard a faint noise at the door.

It was the FedEx driver writing a note stating we were not at home. My husband asked him why he didn't ring the bell and the driver insisted he had but it wasn't working. My husband then rang the doorbell right in front of him to show him that it did indeed work. Then he asked the driver why he didn't knock if he thought the bell wasn't working.

The driver answered that people don't like them to knock, a pretty ridiculous answer. We called FedEx at that time and told them of the problem, but the same thing happened this morning. Once again, we were home waiting for the package but all we got was a slip on the door stating we weren't home.

Supposedly the driver is coming back tomorrow and supposedly he's been instructed to ring the doorbell and/or knock.Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I think if a company is telling its customers that they deliver to a person's home, then they ought to make a serious effort to do so, and that means letting people know you're there.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States #899271

Customer service goes to the toiler lately.

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States #899263

I am waiting at home all day for the package, presumably before 5.00 pm.No knocking or door bell ringing all day.

Check my computer at 5:04 wondering it was going to be delivered today. Then I found the delivery exception. The driver had supposedly came and gone at 4:59. If he or she had rung the door bell or knocked, I could not have missed it.

Called Fedex. Finally talked to an representative, he at fist insisted nothing could be done. Then asked me to wait.

He later told me he would request the drive to deliver the package again.But called after 20 minutes informing me the driver had gone home.

They do it and steal your stuff, that is there intention.Not Joking at all. I have had it happen to me so far like 4 times.

They are the worst company to deal with in this entire universe.