I was sitting at home, waiting for my package to arrive, right by the door so I wouldn't miss it at all.I periodically refreshing the tracking page to check and make sure it was out for delivery still, as the weather was a bit stormy today (nothing that couldn't be driven through, however).

I refreshed the page once more, and saw that the package had been "attempted for delivery" within the past half hour. I was sitting with the door and an open window in sight, no headphones in or any loud noises that could have distracted me from any knocking.

Am I supposed to just wait outside the door and hope the guy comes sometime??????There's no way they knocked at all.

Review about: Fedex Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments

Oak Forest, Illinois, United States #925125

Yes.This seems to be standard practice for FedEx.

They fraudulantly log delivery attempts and after an alleged 3 attempts, they will not make a 4th attempt unless the shipper pays for a re-shipment authorization.

It is a way they can make shippers pay twice for the same package.BTW, that 4th attempt is usually to a FedEx store somewhere and not your home, which is another upside for FedEx...it is logistically easier to deliver to their satellite stores.

Springfield, Missouri, United States #871645

Another thing to add, this was a new smartphone that was being delivered, as my old one died. So, I can't even call customer service to resolve this.