FedEx made their first delivery attempt a few days ago and I unfortunately wasn't there to accept the package.They left the door tag slip on my door with the possibility to sign at the bottom for the package to be left at the doorstep.

Usually I prefer not to do this because it could obviously be taken however knowing I was leaving town in a few days, I figured that was my only option - and I am typically not gone from my apartment building for more than 2-3 hours. When they tried making a second attempt, I was still gone from my apartment as people these days have responsibilities. BUT the package was not left at my doorstep. According to the customer service rep, it is up to the driver's discretion whether or not to leave the package.

Then what is the purpose of asking for my signature to leave the package? Doesn't that mean that I accept full responsibility if anything happens to it? Yes, confusing to myself as well. They will try one last delivery but I know that I will not be around yet again to receive it.

They won't leave ground packages at a FedEx location so my only option is to call the shipper and make a request for them to have it re-routed.THANKS FEDEX, you're awesome.

Review about: Fedex Delivery Service.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments