89 views
Verified Reviewer

Junior Reviewer
Resolved
2.0
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Jun 19, 2020

Items were received, eventually..

Update by user Jun 19, 2020

Well, the next day after I posted my review, I received my items. However, I can't give a solid five stars, because this is what happened:After FedEx put it in tracking that it had attempted delivery (when it never did), it updated tracking to say I'd receive the item the next day.

I waited...and waited...and waited...At around 7PM, I checked tracking and it said that my items had been delivered at 6:19 even though I hadn't received anything and hadn't seen or heard a truck pull up to the house.In a blind panic (and rage), I called FedEx customer service and was told that maybe the driver had only put in tracking without actually delivering my items yet. Less than five minutes later, I hear the doorbell ring and lo and behold, there my items are, almost 45 minutes after tracking had said they'd been delivered.Now, I'm pleased as punch that I got my items, but as you can see, tracking is 100% unreliable.

Apparently, drivers can put whatever they want in tracking at their convenience, not realizing how false tracking information can impact their customers who have very busy schedules. Because of this problem, I would never in a million years trust FedEx again.

Original review posted by user Jun 18, 2020

Every time I expect a delivery, I stay in the den, which is in front of the house where I can hear and see cars pulling up from the window. On Wednesday, June 17th, FedEx tracking said I'd be expecting a delivery by the end of the day. I sat in the den as usual, and at around 6:10 PM, I heard a truck pull up. I looked out the window, saw a Fed Ex truck and went to the front door expecting the driver to come out.

Instead, as soon as I came out, the driver pulled up a few houses ahead of me, stalled for about a minute, pulled up another two houses, stalled for a minute again and then drove off.

I thought to myself, "Oooo...kay... Maybe there are multiple Fed Ex trucks making drops in my neighborhood and that one wasn't for me. Another one will come by shortly."

At around 9PM, it happened again.I heard a vehicle pull up, looked outside my window and saw a FedEx truck. I rushed outside to greet the driver, and he repeated the same routine, pulling up two houses after 30 seconds, stalling, pulling up another two houses, stalling and then driving off, as if trying to look like he was making deliveries when he clearly wasn't. This time, I tried taking pictures with my tablet.

An hour later, I checked Fed Ex tracking and it had this message: Delivery exception. Customer not available or business closed. Besides being infuriating, it was stupid. In the time it took for this idiot to put on the pretense of faking deliveries up and down my street, he could've delivered my items and have plenty of time left over from his shift.

Normally, I wouldn't care about this nonsense. The problem is that the delivery was for my elderly parents, who I'm currently taking care of. Besides needing the items ASAP, I can't leave them alone for certain hours of the day, so I have to organize my entire schedule around deliveries like this and delay errands I would've otherwise made. Thanks to this debacle, I have to delay another full day of errands for my parents.

User's recommendation: Avoid.

Product or Service Mentioned: Fedex Delivery Service.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

FedEx Cons: Drivers fake delivery in tracking, Lazy drivers.

Comments