Resolved
Turnaround Time

Update by user Aug 14, 2016

Wrong Post please delete

Original review posted by user Aug 14, 2016

I expected to receive my FedEx package shopped on Walmart by Friday August 12th but didn’t. I called the FedEx customer service (800) 463-3339 and was told I need to go to the local FedEx store with valid ID to get it if I need it today. When I arrived the local FedEx store, 51 20th street Brooklyn, at around 6pm, I was told by the shop assistant that I need an ID with address on it and the address much be same with the delivery address. I explained that I am a foreigner with US visa, I don’t have any ID with address on it. The shop assistant refused to provide me the package and ask me to wait for delivery three days later.

I explained that this package is urgent to me and I come cross boroughs specially for it, I could provide the order confirmation page from Walmart and let her make a photo copy of my passport and US visa. I further explained that the item inside the package is a book, which costs around 50 USD, it’s really ridiculous for someone to forge a fake ID and US visa to come here for a book. But no matter how I explained, the shop assistant said she didn’t care about my business and kept repeating like a robot that “I need an ID with address on it, or I can’t give the package”. The shop assistant even asked “why don’t you have a permanent resident card”?

I said the FedEx representative on the phone never told me I need to bring an ID with address on it, the shop assistant replied the call is from the FedEx national customer service (800) 463-3339 rather than this local store, so the call means nothing to her. I request to speak with her supervisor and the shop assistant replied she was the only employee at that store. Actually another employee came out when I recalled the FedEx l customer service (800) 463-3339. I asked the representative is there any way to let me get this book tonight or tomorrow, then what I got from the representative and his supervisor on the phone is still “you need an ID with address on it to get the package” and the package can’t be delivered until three days later.

During the whole process, none of the FedEx employees tried actively to solve the problem or to provide me some help, such as using other ways to verify my identity or deliver the package to me tomorrow. Knowing that it’s impossible for me, a foreigner, to provide an ID with current address on it, all they did is repeating “you need an ID with address on it to get the package”. Then the representative hanged up the phone, or maybe because of the bad connection, anyway the call was end and I left the store. Since the package can’t be delivered till three days later, which is the time that I needn’t the package anymore, I decide to cancel the order. Having this kind of treatment from FedEx, it’s absolutely unacceptable for me to have any other shopping experience with FedEx.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of fedex customer care from FedEx and attached a photo. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants FedEx to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was very poor customer service. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments