1.8
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

Update by user Mar 12, 2015

I didn't think this delivery fiasco could get worse but it did.It's pretty clear that my package, along with many others from last week, was demoted to FedEx Ground delivery since they no longer felt bound by their money back guarantee.

This explains how it took six days to get across the country. But now a new twist: I had selected "Hold at FedEx location for pickup" from Delivery Manager for this package, since there is a FedEx office right in my building at work. This morning (SEVEN DAYS after the initial delivery) I find that they had instead tried to deliver to my home address, contrary to my instructions. When I called customer support, they claimed that this is always how "Hold at FedEx location" works: it will automatically add a day's delay to the delivery because they will go to your home the first day no matter what.

If that is the true policy then why is there no explanation anywhere on the website of how that works??? The staff at the FedEx location themselves certainly thought the package was going to come straight there.

So we are now standing at potentially eight days to deliver a "Priority Overnight" package.Incredible!

Original review posted by user Mar 11, 2015

I have now been waiting six days for an "overnight" FedEx shipment of an engagement ring that shipped on Thursday March 5th.So I get that there was snow in Memphis that day.

But that doesn't begin to explain the rest: package doesn't even get to Memphis until Monday the 9th, then apparently left Tuesday at noon (36 hours later). FedEx claims there was "heavy rain" at the airport, but the weather reports indicated only light rain, so WTF? Repeated calls to customer support have been completely unhelpful. Now it has been 24 hours since the package left Memphis.

My guess FedEx rain out of planes so they put it on a mule? I worked for years in system capacity planning, and it's obvious to me that something is completely FUBAR at FedEx that has nothing to do with the weather. I would have been better off with Snail Mail at this point.

If someone at FedEx reads this stuff, take note: not only have you lost a customer FOR LIFE but since this was an engagement ring shipment, your epic fail will now become part of our family lore for years to come!Congratulations, idiots!

This person wrote the review because of problem with delivery of overnight shipping from FedEx and attached a photo. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants FedEx to offer any options to resolve the issue.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments

Perris, California, United States #1245315

I think your the ***.Don't they have local jewelry stores where you live.

And Fred Smith will still be a billionaire with or without your business.Your the type of customer the employees all agree would prefer you use ups.

Maybe the ring is cursed. She'll probably turn down the proposal.