This is such a long messy story but the net result leaves me looking for a class-action remedy. Something has to stop this mess.

My Amazon package was delivered on Thursday by Fed Ex without them knocking or ringing door bell. When I got the Amazon text that delivery was made and couldn't find it on my doorstep, I filed a claim with both Fed Ex and Amazon. Amazon shipped a replacement at no charge.

Later I find my package with a neighbor who, seeing it on the porch and thinking I was not at home, chose to take it into their home for me. When I notified Amazon that the package had been delivered it was too late to cancel the replacement shipment. I called Fed Ex to have them cancel the delivery so I wouldn't have to deal with it.

What I didn't know is that Amazon arbitrarily chooses the delivery companies and it was not Fed Ex they chose for the replacement. So when Fed Ex got the request to cancel my delivery without a tracking number (I did not have one as Amazon issued it.) they just went into their system and chose my address.

I ordered a new laptop two weeks ago. I had not received a ship notice from Dell so didn't know it was in the system. You guessed it! The package that was returned was my lap top, not the replacement items from Amazon.

Now the laptop is missing in the Fed Ex system.

Ultimately this is the fault of the driver who did not ring or knock but I am paying the price in lost time and lost use of my laptop. Who knows when I will receive it?

In normal market conditions, we could withhold our business from companies who disappoint but we have no choice when it comes to big volume shippers, like Amazon. Small package delivery companies can basically make any number of mistakes and the remedy never approaches the actual cost to the consumer. It's time for a "Consumer's Bill of Rights for Small Package Deliveries."

Any suggestion or referrals to appropriate law firms are welcome.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problem with delivery of laptop shipping and associated monetary loss in the amount of $1000. FedEx needs to have the product delivered according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned laptop shipping in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at FedEx.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments

hoplite67
Oakland, California, United States #1258588

Did this ever go anywhere?I've also just experienced the "No knock" policy from FedEx.

Today was the third and final delivery attempt, so I've sat at home all day. I missed the delivery because the driver did not knock (I know because I've been sitting by the front door all day and my pets slept through) but simply left the door tag.

I called to complain and was informed that the actual FedEx policy does not require drivers to knock. I was flabbergasted and asked how they'd know if anyone were home. She admitted the policy didn't make sense and offered to file a complaint for me.

After a quick Google search, I see that many, many people have had this issue for many years.

It seems class-action worthy.

How can a company sell a service (signature required for delivery) and then not even attempt to procure a signature and complete that service?This seems like a classic case of false advertising.

Oakland, California, United States #1258586

It seems class-action worthy.