1.4
Tracking Tool

#FedEx is unbelievable. We shipped something to David, who lives three hours from DC, on Tuesday. We were told it would arrive by Wednesday evening. When I checked the website tracker Thursday morning, I discovered they hadn't "found the recipient." I called them, and we realized that his apartment number had been left off the address. "No problem," they said, correcting the address, "He will get it on Friday." I was satisfied with that because that part was our mistake.

Then, I checked the page again last night and saw that it had left Hampton, VA. So, I called them back. They said the address had been corrected and when they gave me the "new address", it was a long-ago address of David's. They fixed the address and the "advocate" called the center in Hampton, which, even though the website said that the package had left the station, that it hadn't and he would receive it today.

When I got up this morning and logged in to track it, I saw that after that call, the package left Hampton for NORTH CAROLINA! So, I called again. Two calls later, they acknowledged that their mistaken address had been put onto the package and that it was, indeed, on its way to KENTUCKY on its way to INDIANA. So, the people in Hampton were not straight with their own team when they assured them it would not leave the station.

They're now actively on the case and will "trap it" at the next stop. I have asked that when they find it they overnight it to him. "It's not possible, " the new case agent said. "I've had situations like this before and they can't convert from ground to air."

So, at this point, it looks like a package sent from DC to Norfolk on Tuesday won't arrive until Monday.

Morals of the story: Don't forget the apartment number on a label, actively track your package, and #NeverFedEx.

This person wrote the review because of order processing issue of fedex ground delivery service from FedEx. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants FedEx to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments