These people are ridiculous.

I purchased a dell computer to replace one that was damaged (faulty power supply fried the motherboard, but it was 7 years old and served me well).

In front of my home is a small business. It is more or less a room the prior homeowner had turned into a store, and when he sold the place the new owner rented that out individually. So, whenever I order anything, I specify "rear apartment" as to avoid confusion.

After my package going missing for three days (left texas, never got checked in anywhere until I emailed a complaint that the package appeared to be lost) they assured me it would be delivered today.

After putting the kids off to school, I came inside and made a pot of coffee, and brought up online tracking. Last notation was that it was received at the Fedex warehouse, nothing about it being out for delivery. I figured I wouldn't bother anyone about it yet, maybe it's an afternoon delivery. This was at 9:30.

At 9:35, I got up to pour myself a cup of coffee... took my time, and got back to my desk (rougly 4 feet away from my kitchen) and refreshed the page. It was about 9:42. On the screen, I see a delivery exception: business closed at 9:40. I ran outside, there was no truck. I checked the business in front's door for a tag.. no tag. I checked both my front and back doors.. no tags.

I called customer service at around 9:45 and was told, in short, that it was my fault for not putting special delivery instructions. The person on the phone told me the airbill says nothing about "rear apartment," and that the delivery person would not come back out today, though he could be no more than a few blocks away.

I contacted Dell for clarification.. and indeed the address included "rear apartment." I forwarded that to Fedex, and they told me they'd note it and bring my delivery back tomorrow, as there is no way to get in touch with their delivery people. I offered to pick it up... and was told it wouldn't be returned until after the pick up area was closed. I asked what sort of refund I can expect, since I paid for 3-5 day shipping and, through no fault of my own, would have to wait until day 6.. and was told that those dates are estimates, not guarantees.

I think from now on I'll pay the additional $12 and go with UPS. At least their drivers can read an address (the video card I ordered on May 2 and had shipped 3-5 days via UPS from California was received on the 5th... using the precise same addressing. What does that tell you?).

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments