As usual, FedEx has proceeded to provide a large headache.

I ordered 2 day shipping, which is fine. Don't get me wrong, this is not about timing. This is about service.

According to FedEx customer service, they cannot redirect the hold to another facility, they cannot redirect the address, and they will not come up to my apartment to leave the package.

Background:

I live on the 15th floor of an apartment building with no building manager on site. Often delivery tags are left on the front door of the building, where most residents do not enter from. RARELY are they left on the actual apartment door

Now:

Even if I want to sign for indirect signature delivery, the tag would be posted on my door (15th floor). FedEx clearly stated they will not go upstairs if no one lets them in.

My building has over 100 apartments, 50 of which house seniors. They are basically telling me, if you are not home, we are not leaving a package regardless of your signature.

Issue:

How is a working woman who cannot accept packages at work supposed to deal with this? Apparently call them and hold a package. The facility it would be held at would be closed at the time I get off work. Also, it is a hassle to get to with no parking.

Conclusion:

I have been working with the seller to attempt an address reroute but so far there has been no record in FedEx system of such. As for Saturday delivery, that is out of the question.

I hate FedEx. At Least with UPS you have 3 notifications and ample time to find time to pick up your package. Not one notice and 3 days.

Review about: Fedex Delivery Service.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments

Dallas, Texas, United States #716345

I do not blame "Fedex"I would not go up to the 15th floor either.Take a day off and Go pick up your own "Dam Package" WTF.And also why?Can you not accept an package at work.

They will not bring a package 2 flights upstairs even if you ring them up. They just leave on the stoop or in outer lobby where it gets stolen (nyc). Use other delivery svcs & boycott fedex.