Tracking Tool

On Wednesday, March 4, 2015, I shipped via two-day FedEx Ground (for almost $20) a $900 Canon camera from my home in Sacramento, CA to Costa Mesa, CA to a Canon Service Center for repair.

On Friday, I checked the FedEx website to track the package, and the status had not been updated since it shipped. I sent a message via the email form on the FedEx website, and heard nothing except the automated response ("We hope to be back with you shortly").

On Saturday, I called FedEx to find out what was going on and was on hold for 20 minutes before I was disconnected.

By 10am Monday I had still heard nothing. I called FedEx at 10:15 and was told I would receive a call from a tracing agent in two hours. At 10:39, I received an email informing me that they received my email and "We sent a message to the delivery terminal and advised them of your concern." By 2pm I had still heard nothing, and the package's status on the website was unchanged. I called back and found out that FedEx had the wrong phone number. I was put through to the assigned tracing agent, who took details from me about the camera. When I asked if they had lost my package she said that she didn't know, and that sometimes the tags come off of packages and they don't know what to do with them.

Can't wait to see how this fiasco turns out.

Product or Service Mentioned: Fedex Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Comments