2.1K views

I have an existing Fedex account and today I tried to sign up for their Fedex Delivery Manager feature and I had to verify information which could only of come from my credit reports. All of the questions were based upon my credit reports, including some inaccurate information which does not appear elsewhere.

I checked their terms and conditions and nowhere on their site do they disclose they are using personally identifiable information and information from credit reports. I'm concerned that they are keeping this practice secret and are purposely not sharing this intrusion into personal privacy with their customers.

Review about: Fedex Account.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments

Had the same thing happen just now while trying to change my delivery preferences - the 4 names that came up as "associated with"...???...never heard of them! I cancelled that part of the transaction and logged out (I was simply updating my FedEx Delivery info because I moved, and fortunately I was able to enter in my new address without answering the weird ID questions!)

That experience prompted me to get my credit report, which I knew was already fine, but just in case! All seemed in order, so the question remains who were those 4 "associated" people??

Tucson, Arizona, United States #1228102

Yeah, I just "experienced" the attempt to login to Delivery Manager.Very weird...

some of the verification info they have is correct, but some is just wrong, or twisted. Asked me which of four people I'm "associated" with. Never heard of any of them. Asked which of the following people are in "my household." One of them was my father's girlfriend.

Not exactly in my household! Asked about an old phone number - none of them was quite right. Asked about my license expiration date - again, none of them were quite right. So I failed.

3 times.Guess I don't know myself.

Salt Lake City, Utah, United States #1188560

Definitely creepy. I just had this happen to me.

Most questions it asked me were from my credit report which I did not give a second thought.However, one particular question did make me scratch my head.

I have not signed into Fedex for 5 years. Somehow I remembered my login information but it still needed to verify my identity. They still had a really old mailing address on file. One particular question they asked me was to pick the name that was associated with me.

The familiar name listed is someone I became acquainted with around 2010. I have a Facebook account but I do not use it and this person is not "Friended". The e-mail address associated with Fedex is not the same e-mail address used on my Facebook account and I never use the e-mail address that is listed on Facebook. I have never exchanged money with this person nor have I ever had any business dealings with him/her.

The only thing I can think of is this person is in my Google contact list.How is this information legally obtained?

New York, New York, United States #715153

No, no, he's right.You are an ***.

It is very clear what information they will obtain and how. It is very clearly spelled out for idiots like you. Many companies use this info for verification. It's all information anyone can get.

Your SSN is never accessed, so no one is able to steal your identity. You can't steal an identity from knowing a few facts about someone. How else can they verify your address online genius? Oh no, the website might steal my identity now that it looked up my info in a database which already has all of my info!

***.If you have ever lived in a house, had a cellphone, used a credit card, you put your info out there.

to Lol at you Washington, District Of Columbia, United States #715157

I would try to explain it to you so even you could understand, but I don't have the time to raise you out of complete ignorance when it comes to privacy requirements. Perhaps you could provide a link to the url where they state what information they collect. If you can't, then please STFU because you're part of the problem, not the solution.

Your an ***!It's an identification verification system, it uses Id info to verify its you by asking certain questions only you should know the answers to.

It's used in many many different businesses.It has no affect on your credit at all, take the tin foil hat off and relax.

to U sir are a dumb*** Durham, North Carolina, United States #678440

Please stop it. You are embarrassing yourself.

It's obviously intended to verify identity. Any dummy can figure that out. The point is that Fedex does not disclose it's using information from your credit report.

Perhaps you've heard of identity theft. A credit report is all somebody needs to steal your identity.

I suggest you educate yourself on all the issues pertaining to privacy and information security. It's obvious from your statememts that you are fairly ignorant in this area.

to U sir are a dumb*** Phoenix, Arizona, United States #1308521

I'm just wondering why it asked me which of these people I'm associated with and it gave me 4 people's names of whom I do not recognize?