FedEx uses two dates to determine when a package will actually get to its destination: an estimated delivery date and a commitment date. A package that had been slated for delivery on January 9, 2015 was arbitrarily changed to January 10, 2015. When I called the afternoon of January 9 to inquire about my package, I was told by customer service that the estimated delivery date is often one day ahead of the delivery date. That means FedEx is using an unfair and deceptive practice on its tracking information web pages and can claim that a delayed package still made its “commitment date.”
FedEx outsources its customer service overseas, despite claims to the contrary and as evidenced by heavily accented English. These customer service agents will not know whom to transfer a call to, will be rude, and will even hang up on your customers as they attempt to locate their packages. There will also be a significant language barrier, and even “supervisors” will speak in heavily-accented, barely understandable English. One representative hung up during a conversation when I requested a supervisor. Another representative transferred me to a location that did not have the package in question, despite it being very clear in the tracking history that the package was elsewhere. None of the agents were empowered to do anything other than apologize for the inconvenience.
FedEx will ban customers that post negative comments on its Facebook page, without letting the customer know what is so offensive. The social media team will not speak directly with the customer, because the social media team is comprised of employees who do not know Social Media Customer Service 101. So customers with legitimate gripes (three packages delayed in one month) who do not use profanity or threats, and who are sympathizing with other customers, will be blocked. FedEx will not provide screenshots of the allegedly offensive comments, either. (This information was all obtained via a telephone conversation with the Executive Office.)
Bottom line: FedEx delayed THREE packages in one month for me. One package was left on the delivery truck for two full days before it reached me. In all cases, FedEx did nothing. I wrote an article on my blog about it, and FedEx then contacted the publisher to get it removed. FedEx is reprehensible and should be avoided at all costs.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Delivery Date
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have bought this used mobile phone from a friend through eBay which is faulty condition to use it here in India for my personal use. I believe the shipper..."
- "On 04/29 I handed smart post package Track# 61299998825440431742 to your driver when he was picking up appx 5pm from the Fedex Drop Box in from of DiBennedettos restaurant at..."
- "This is a complaint against David F. Rebholz, President and Chief Executive Officer, FedEx Ground, for mis-management of a shoddy organization that has meted out pitiful service, egregious incompetence, and..."
- "we took the advice of the paint salesman at Home Depot and bought this product last year for our 12 by 40 ft. Deck. We did all the steps recommended..."
- "I have Comcast for almost two years and I'm having the worst service I ever had .. ! I had the service guy coming over without resolving the problem.. Tv..."
- "I chocked on several sharp pieces of bone and cartilage in Panera's turkey bravo sandwich in their Westborough, Massachusetts location. Worst dining experience I have ever had in my life...."
- "The first time I ordered from them I paid $50 something dollars but never could get my order . I decided to try again and 3 out of 4 of..."
- "dear rexall my cheif complaint is that i have been taking the sleep aide for about 2yrs n up til now the product was helping .but for the last week..."
- "The Clearance rack at the Vallejo Ross NEVER has more than one dress for sale in Women's sizes 18-24. The manager fails to keep it stocked. Photo: October 22nd...."