FedEx uses two dates to determine when a package will actually get to its destination: an estimated delivery date and a commitment date. A package that had been slated for delivery on January 9, 2015 was arbitrarily changed to January 10, 2015. When I called the afternoon of January 9 to inquire about my package, I was told by customer service that the estimated delivery date is often one day ahead of the delivery date. That means FedEx is using an unfair and deceptive practice on its tracking information web pages and can claim that a delayed package still made its “commitment date.”
FedEx outsources its customer service overseas, despite claims to the contrary and as evidenced by heavily accented English. These customer service agents will not know whom to transfer a call to, will be rude, and will even hang up on your customers as they attempt to locate their packages. There will also be a significant language barrier, and even “supervisors” will speak in heavily-accented, barely understandable English. One representative hung up during a conversation when I requested a supervisor. Another representative transferred me to a location that did not have the package in question, despite it being very clear in the tracking history that the package was elsewhere. None of the agents were empowered to do anything other than apologize for the inconvenience.
FedEx will ban customers that post negative comments on its Facebook page, without letting the customer know what is so offensive. The social media team will not speak directly with the customer, because the social media team is comprised of employees who do not know Social Media Customer Service 101. So customers with legitimate gripes (three packages delayed in one month) who do not use profanity or threats, and who are sympathizing with other customers, will be blocked. FedEx will not provide screenshots of the allegedly offensive comments, either. (This information was all obtained via a telephone conversation with the Executive Office.)
Bottom line: FedEx delayed THREE packages in one month for me. One package was left on the delivery truck for two full days before it reached me. In all cases, FedEx did nothing. I wrote an article on my blog about it, and FedEx then contacted the publisher to get it removed. FedEx is reprehensible and should be avoided at all costs.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Delivery Date
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "A friend sent us a package with gifts for our new baby. I found it on my porch, no knock or ring of the doorbell. The box had obviously been..."
- "I need bit of an advice on how to proceed in this situation. I was supposed to receive a package that was a part of two package shipment. The packages..."
- "Problem: - Shipped a package from Dubai To Saudi Arabia on 27th May 2014, at Fedex office located in Dubai near Terminal 2 Airport. - I cancelled the shipping on the..."
- "I bought products from this company from a vendor they had in the mall. I spent $129 which was a 'great deal' but, after testing the products I thought why..."
- "4500 curry ford rd Orlando fl This is the twistee treat located on Curry Ford Road in Orlando Florida.I noticed I was in the low class ghetto Hispanic section of..."
- "I ordered the "Meet your dream" Bouquet/Teddy bear/Chocolates combo from Phoolwala.com. They charged me an extra Rs.400 for delivery charges to that small town. I ordered this bouquet for a..."
- "I ordered a dress from the Reborn collection and it took over 3 weeks to get it. It looked really cute upon first inspection, then I noticed what I thought..."
- "(june 3, 2015) thrifty offered prices after all specific conditions are known, and later during checkout price jumped 147%,without explanation. totally false and deceptive advertising practice, giant material misrepresentation,..."
- "After we moved the mattress upstairs there was a big hump, bump or lump in the middle. We call the company and they said they never had a complaint about their..."