On Thursday, May 15th 2008, I shipped an envelope from NYC to another relative at his home address in Miami, FL for an overnight delivery.The envelope contained very important documents that included bank statement with my personal information on it and a power of attorney sealed and signed by a Colombian Consul which I was charged $30.00.

This power of attorney was to be used in the closing of a house in Colombia on Monday May 19th. The envelope was SUPPOSE to arrive sometime Friday. Since this relative was going to travel to Colombia on Sunday, he was doing me the favor of taking these documents with him. On Friday night I corresponded with him only to find out that he never received the envelope.

I immediately called Fed Ex and talked with someone in Customer Service who told me that “according to her computer” the envelope was delivered to the recipient and LEFT AT THE FRONT DOOR. I asked why the driver did not obtain a signature or left a “Attempted Delivery" slip at the door if there was no one home. She told me this was standard procedure and yet somehow suggested that it was my fault for not requesting a signature release when I sent it, something I did not know I was supposed to ask for and was never given the option. How silly of me to assume that when you pay a carrier company nearly $30.00 to have an envelope delivered overnight, they would actually attempt to deliver it and have enough common sense to have the recipient sign for it or at the very least leave a delivery notice like UPS and USPS does all the time.

What was I thinking? She also said that the couriers sometimes HIDE packages around the house and that they don’t just leave them in plain sight. She told me to have the recipient party look around his house, under cars and bushes and basically look around for it, which I thought was a little ridiculous. I didn’t know I was paying for “hide and seek the package”.

After having my relative crawl on his hands and knees looking for the envelope with unsuccessful results, I called costumer service once again and was told they will TRY and get a hold of the courier, and that someone will be in contact with me. I was not about to wait until “someone” decided to call me so I decided to call the next day. This time I was told that I would have to wait until Monday because the courier that delivered “or not” my envelope, did not work on the weekends. Needless to say, this did not help me or my deal to purchase the house.

The meeting at the bank was at 9 am on Monday. I was fined thousands of dollars by the bank for not being able to produce the power of attorney and delaying the closing process, all because of Fed Ex. That does not include the time and money spent obtaining some of the documents, legalizing the power of attorney and taking the day off from work to go to the Colombian consulate. Apparently my envelope is in “limbo” right now or worse – in someone else’s hands with my personal information in it.

Of course, I have yet to hear from anyone at FEDEX. Once again, this week I will have to take time off from work and gather all these documents again, pay $30.00 again just to have them signed and sealed. One thing will be different though, this time I’ll be sure to use a reliable and dependable shipper like UPS or the Post Office.

One thing I have very clear is that I will NEVER use the FEDEX NIGHTMARE ever again.

Review about: Fedex Delivery Service.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments

We have urgent and important documents pertaining to the purchase of a new house in Canada.These were to be delivered in 24 hours from Mexico.

Tracking shows the envelope sitting in Montreal for 11 hours. The earliest delivery on the tracking shows 56 hours and might be 72 hours according to an agent.

Thus we shall lose our house due to this ineptitude and bad service.Suspect it has been lost.

same s*** different tolit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greenwood, Wisconsin, United States #93117

I had a package scheduled for delivery on Saturday the 5th of December 2009 and since i was going to be out of town I gave Fedex 4 days notice to have it delivered to an address 2 block away so that I may pick it up when I returned to town on Sunday.The package contains my computer and all the pertinent information I need to finish my quarterly reports due the following Monday.

When i returned Sunday the package was not redelivered to the neww address I provided but still sent to my address. It was signed for by someone named M Mays and I still have not received it. I've gotten nothing but the runaround when I call their customer service and no one can tell me where my $1800.00 computer is and everyone I've dealt with has been exceptionally rude. the bottom line is that I paid for a service and they didn't meet the obligation, and I'm out almost $1900.00 in goods and shipping and have yet to get any answers...

and to add insult to injury, I've also been written up for not having my quarterly reports in on time.I will NEVER deal with Fedex again, and will spend the rest of my days letting anyone who considers using them know that they are absolutely the worst company I've ever dealt with.

Audubon, New Jersey, United States #17664

This ***..FedEx courier i was supposed to get my package by 17th June 10:30 but they kept in clearance and asking for manfucturer name and addres..It is very clearly written while shipping from original destination but still they want manufacturer name...It is very imp package and when tracking on FedEx site no changed is status...

NEVER NEVER use FedEx.................