I ordered luggage from Sam's Club and they shipped it FedEx. (Not my choice). Through their tracking system I knew it was to be delivered on Tuesday. I was home all day and night and nobody showed. The next morning I rechecked the tracking number and saw that their driver claimed to have delivered it at 7:28 pm on Tuesday, which is absolutely untrue. At that very moment I was sitting 15 feet from my front door (which has a big window in it) watching TV! The post said signature was not required and the doorbell was not rung. I called FedEx that morning and filed a claim, only to learn that it will take 24-48 hours for them to contact the driver and get a response. I expressed to them my disappointment and that I did not believe it when they said they have no way of contacting their drivers during the day. If they can track the package to the minute it is hard to believe they cannot message through the same system.

The following day I received a call from FedEx and was asked to confirm my address. Then I was told that they have to give the driver another two days to answer the claim and I should know Saturday. In the meantime, I'm out of a $200 purchase! What ever happened to "When it absolutely, positively needs to be there..."

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments

They can communicate with their drivers...the thing is if they had to do it for every single customer that wanted something done the driver would never finish their route.

I've seen my UPS driver get a message to return to a stop to pick up another package the shipper forgot...he was really pissed off, in the end he responded no the pick up would need to wait till the next day because the truck didn't have room

Gotta love being the last stop and filling the truck up

Same thing happened to us in Washington State yesterday. I think the *** left the package at the front door where at least 80 people live. UPS is superior.