Tracking Tool

Issue: - FedEx lost contents of package and destroyed the package and never notified me.Meanwhile, the FedEx website said the package was on the truck for delivery on 11/30 at 6:55 AM.

Until I called FedEx on 12/1, I was not aware of any issue. - On 12/1, wasted over 2.5 hours on the phone with FedEx to unsuccessfully resolve the FedEx issue. Facts: - Nest thermostat stopped working and Nest used FedEx second day air to ship replacement part. Meanwhile, we had no heat in the house and we live in Chicago where the average temperature in late November is roughly 48 degrees.

- FedEx tracking number 784791716357 - FedEx website reported that package was on truck for delivery on 11/30 - 12/1 at 6:37 PM chatted with Maria on FedEx website, she said that someone from FedEx would call. When asked why it was not delivered as reported by the website, she responded with “LATE DUE TO LATE INBOUND AIRCRAFTS; STATIONSORT WRAPPED UP 45 MINS LATE WITH ALL FRT GOING OFD. NO FURTHER DELAYS TO REPORT AT THIS TIME” - Khalia from FedEx Elk Grove Village IL station called and said that according to system, the package was empty and consequently the packaging was destroyed. They could not find the contents of package.

She said to file a claim. - Spoke with Tiffany at 1-800-Go-FedEx to file the claim. Tiffany asked to describe the contents, packaging and estimated value of package. I said that I don’t know what the package looks like or contains.

I said that I have never seen the package and was instructed to contact the shipper. - Contacted Nest who arranged a 3-way call with FedEx and spoke with Mike at FedEx. Mike then referred me to Jonathan of FedEx - Jonathan then told me that: 1) Mike gave me the wrong information 2) there is a waiting period of 48 hours once the claim has been filed - Once the 48 hours has elapsed a claim will be processed and it will take 5 – 7 days to resolve. - I told Jonathan that I have no heat in my house and he said that there was nothing that he could do.

I asked if there were any escalation procedures and he said no.- At 8:40, completely frustrated, I ended the conversation with FedEx vowing to never use them again, if possible.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. jeschm49 stated that there is a room for improvement of customer is not the primary focus. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problem with delivery of delivery of heating replacement part and associated monetary loss in the amount of $150. FedEx needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned delivery of heating replacement part in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at FedEx.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments