I ordered some items from CA, to be shipped to WA FedEx ground. They were shipped on 5-17-10, and the tracking numbers provided detailed information on shipments progress. The estimated delivery date was 5-20-10.

The tracking info showed that my package was on the vehicle at 9:30 AM, 5-20-10 for delivery. I waited by my front door all day for nothing. No Fed Ex truck, no door tag, just noticing that the delivery date disappeared from the tracking site at about 5PM. Later that night tracking showed: 9:45 PM, Delivery exception; Customer not available or business closed. I had been waiting at THE FRONT DOOR for 12 straight hours and the driver did not come by. I called FedEx but all I got was "I am really sorry. You will get your shipment tomorrow, the 21st".

Tracking today again shows On FedEx vehicle for delivery at 8:34AM 5-21. I am leery but there is no phone number to call, as I was instructed to do when I complained to FedEx last night. The only number shown is the main recorded menu which is totally useless for tracking information. After several phone calls and emails, I was informed by FedEx that they had given my contact information to the terminal and requested that they call me if more information is needed to complete the delivery. It is now 5PM, and after checking past deliveries, they were usually between 11AM and Noon, the latest being around 2PM. Items that I have had shipped by air by FedEx have been perfect. Shipments by ground are as if done by a completely different, incompetent company.

I will avoid FedEx ground in the future. If the vendor has no other option, I will make my purchase from someone who does.

Review about: Fedex Vehicle Driver.

Had an Experience with FedEx?

Comments